Promo reel linear and non linear

Hi

im having problems deciding on which cut to put on my site, One is linear and the other not.

Linear

http://vimeo.com/4411576

Non Linear

http://vimeo.com/4398096

The Non linear has some colour issues but do let me know as im finding it hard to decide and need to know what you think, also let me know if i should take anything out.

Best

Justin

I think the footage looks great man, my only complaint is that it feels long because it seems like it is compiled of two music videos? I'm looking at the same style over and over (don't get me wrong I think what you have looks stellar) and I want to see more variety.

Other than that man, props on the work. Anamorphic must be fun.

I agree with Sing Howe, footage is great! But because we're seeing the same faces only in different setups, it's obvious you're only cutting together two videos. I definitely like the non-linear better. Once you get a third and fourth video in there variety won't be a problem, but it wouldn't hurt to trim this one just a tad. All the footage looks great though! Remember, less is more ;)

Hi,

Thanks for watching, i know what you mean about it feeling like two videos, it is however 3 videos, 2 for the girl,

So i may have to put some title cards on? And i shall trim it i think, just need more videos i suppose.

And it wasnt anamorphic by the way it was a simple streak filter.

Thanks very much

justin

• Premium Member
Hi,

Thanks for watching, i know what you mean about it feeling like two videos, it is however 3 videos, 2 for the girl,

So i may have to put some title cards on? And i shall trim it i think, just need more videos i suppose.

And it wasnt anamorphic by the way it was a simple streak filter.

Thanks very much

justin

I think you need more variety to make an effective reel, personally. If you're only going to cut 3 videos in, you might as well just show the 3 videos in their entirety. Then at least people will see your work in full and in context.

Edited by Chris Keth