Set-up camera and light for FILM NOIR

Hello, I am a brazilian student of cinema and im going to be director of photography in a short-film with a noir Aesthetics. I would like any tips about set-up of camera for this situation. I m going to use a DVC200 panasonic and what tip of scene file do i set-up....Is there some details on exposure? How do i have to maintain the IRE scale for high signal and down signal? Is there a plugin that can help me? If i change the function VIDEO/OUT from 7,5% to 0% would i do much details of down signal? Finally, I need some procedures abour video noir film, because it is my first film that i cinematography.

sorry for my english!!!

Thank you.

Hey, I can't really give you any answers with the camera your using, but basic set ups for noir, if your going for a classic 30 or 40s black and white look then using cookies to get certain shapes and shadows on your actors and set pieces will help. Deep shadows add to the mysterious look. A great place to go for some help on b&w is http://ryanpatrickohara.blogspot.com/searc...k%20and%20white hopefully some of that helped.

• 11 months later...