Parts Manual

Jason Hinkle RIP

Does anybody know anything about this manual? The only info I have about it is the cover. Do you know what cameras it applies to? I'd like to scan it for the eclair16.com site for all of us to have access to, but it's kinda over-priced on ebay. i want to make sure it's worth having first. any info would be helpful - thanks, j

2l2fk9.jpg

Edited by Jason Hinkle

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody know anything about this manual? The only info I have about it is the cover. Do you know what cameras it applies to? I'd like to scan it for the eclair16.com site for all of us to have access to, but it's kinda over-priced on ebay. i want to make sure it's worth having first. any info would be helpful - thanks, j

2l2fk9.jpg

Hi Jason,

This one is for the Eclair NPR. In France, it was known mainly as the 'Eclair 16' (although it wasn't even their first 16mm. model), as well as the 'Eclair Coutant', named after its engineer. In the US, it's mostly known as the 'NPR', apparently for Noiseless Portable Reflex, but sometimes also as 'Eclair Douane', although that's a misunderstanding : the little plaque that states 'Douane' on some models is only the proof that the camera's duties were paid when it was exported out of France (Douane means Customs in French).

Combined with the Eclair Caméflex that was originally sold as the 'Camérette' in the US (because of rights issues with the Cameraflex), and the lack of identification of ACL models through the evolution of the camera, this all makes identifying Eclair cameras a little bit more complicated than it should be !

As for the manual, it's a long list of parts with their Eclair codes, then a series of diagrams from the original blueprints of the camera. Not very useful, even for maintenance purposes.

B.

Edited by Boris Belay