Camera Shake Effect. In camera or in post?

Hi guys,

How would a camera shake effect like the one used in Timbalands music Video 'The Way I are' be acheived?

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=the+...emb=0&aq=f#

I can only think of a couple of ways.

In camera: Shift and tilt lens system left loose or some other effect of the same sort?

In post: applying a camera shake in the post production stage?

Any ideas of how the effect was done?

I reckon post - the effect is accentuated however by the use of a tracking (circular?) dolly also... In repositioning the frame one way you move against the dolly causing only a subtle parallax change but no camera move (kind of a sideways vertigo effect) when you reposition in the other direction you move with the dolly and get that hyper fast move you see ...

You'll need to shoot wider and scan larger than you intended output res to get the required frame to play around in.

Tilt and shift lenses and mounts usually work on a friction system like your standard focus or zoom - they are in essence always left loose, but cannot be manipulated that fast - in any case it wouldn't cause the effect you see here, although I reckon it will still interesting so give it a go - investigate into lensbabies, pretty much what you describe ...