is "edit fest NY 09" event worth attending for a recent graduate?

Hey Everyone,

Im a recently graduated cinema and photography major (may 09), with an interest in editing, sound, and cinematography. A while ago i heard about this "Edit Fest" event that's about to take place in NYC in mid June, and ever since have been mulling it over as to weather or not i should spend the $250 it takes to attend. I currently live in upstate NY so it wouldent be that bad of a drive. Was hoping someone here has heard of the event, or even if not, advice on if you think it would be a worthwhile venture for a recent film grad with intermediate experience would be great.

I know that ultimately the decision is mine, but im just looking for some personal opinions and some perspective from those of you with more experience in the film / media world. Here's a link to a description of the event:

http://news.creativecow.net/story/861953

Thanks everyone!

- Cheers,

Shawn

Anyone?

If you can afford it and feel as though you will learn $250 worth of knowledge go for it. You might want to try putting yourself into hard editing situations on your own and figure the answers out, be like real world experience. Have you talked to your teachers to see if they have heard anything about this event?