Trailer for our movie

Here's a trailer for our movie we made... its the first movie I ever shot proffesinally beside weddings, I along with the director and another cameraman shot this, so let me know what you think... I hope put this link here right

Visit My Website

no feed back..... this is my first time at this forum... im really interested what pple thinks

no feed back..... this is my first time at this forum... im really interested what pple thinks

Hey, I watched the trailer.

My general response is the question, "What's the point of the movie?" Now, I'm not saying that there has to be a point to every movie, but my thought process is as follows.

First, is a movie entertaining? If so, then the movie doesn't need to have a point. If not, then the second question I'll ask is whether or not the movie has a point to it. If the movie delivers a message or has some kind of educational purpose, then that message or purpose can make up for the fact that the movie isn't meant to be entertainment. If there is no point in this sense, then the third question is whether the movie has any other type of redeeming quality to it. This is the catch all question.

So, in this movie, it appears to be pure torture, revenge, violence, etc. I didn't pick up on any kind of an entertaining plot, or any plot at all for that matter. I don't have a moral problem with violence or torture appearing in movies. But none of those things are entertainment to me in and of themselves. Absent some sort of engaging dramatic element or interesting plot, violence and torture is pointless. The trailer makes the movie look like it's just a string of brutally violent events, which doesn't personally entertain me. So then, to the second question, since the movie doesn't look like it will be entertaining to me, is there some kind of educational point to the movie? From the trailer, I didn't pick up on anything there. Third question, any other redeeming qualities? Again, the trailer didn't indicate so.

I'm not trying to be harsh. Just honest. I'm just one guy, so my analysis could be wrong or too extreme, and/or there could be a huge audience of people who like these types of movies. Plus, I only watched the trailer, not the movie. So the movie could completely satisfy any number of the things I've said I'm looking for. The quality was fine and even the actors were good enough, although kind of sketchy at times.

Note that I'm new to this forum, and very new to film making. My opinion here is as a viewer, an audience member. I'm not speaking from the perspective of someone who could make a better movie/trailer than what you just made. I hope nothing I’ve said discourages you in any way. It’s all meant to be constructive. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are curious about something I’ve said.

Edited by Daniel Hueque

Hey, I watched the trailer.

My general response is the question, "What's the point of the movie?" Now, I'm not saying that there has to be a point to every movie, but my thought process is as follows.

First, is a movie entertaining? If so, then the movie doesn't need to have a point. If not, then the second question I'll ask is whether or not the movie has a point to it. If the movie delivers a message or has some kind of educational purpose, then that message or purpose can make up for the fact that the movie isn't meant to be entertainment. If there is no point in this sense, then the third question is whether the movie has any other type of redeeming quality to it. This is the catch all question.

So, in this movie, it appears to be pure torture, revenge, violence, etc. I didn't pick up on any kind of an entertaining plot, or any plot at all for that matter. I don't have a moral problem with violence or torture appearing in movies. But none of those things are entertainment to me in and of themselves. Absent some sort of engaging dramatic element or interesting plot, violence and torture is pointless. The trailer makes the movie look like it's just a string of brutally violent events, which doesn't personally entertain me. So then, to the second question, since the movie doesn't look like it will be entertaining to me, is there some kind of educational point to the movie? From the trailer, I didn't pick up on anything there. Third question, any other redeeming qualities? Again, the trailer didn't indicate so.

I'm not trying to be harsh. Just honest. I'm just one guy, so my analysis could be wrong or too extreme, and/or there could be a huge audience of people who like these types of movies. Plus, I only watched the trailer, not the movie. So the movie could completely satisfy any number of the things I've said I'm looking for. The quality was fine and even the actors were good enough, although kind of sketchy at times.

Note that I'm new to this forum, and very new to film making. My opinion here is as a viewer, an audience member. I'm not speaking from the perspective of someone who could make a better movie/trailer than what you just made. I hope nothing I’ve said discourages you in any way. It’s all meant to be constructive. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are curious about something I’ve said.

Thank you for giving me feedback first of all.... and I dont mind you stating what you think b\c thats why I posted it. You got the movie pretty much right, its a purely revengeful movie full of killing and torturing, it doesn't really have a impactful point or any kind of point it just a violent movie lol. It does have some comic relief in it that does make you laugh at times so that is good. This a supense/Thriller so its gonna be nonstop like you see in the trailer. I know that this movie is not going to be for everyone.... but theres is a lot of pple out there that loves this stuff and we got some major contacts tat liking it such as universal label. I just wanted to get started somewhere in the film industry and wanted to move up and I found these pple that were making a movie. .. but thank you again for your feedback

Thank you for giving me feedback first of all.... and I dont mind you stating what you think b\c thats why I posted it. You got the movie pretty much right, its a purely revengeful movie full of killing and torturing, it doesn't really have a impactful point or any kind of point it just a violent movie lol. It does have some comic relief in it that does make you laugh at times so that is good. This a supense/Thriller so its gonna be nonstop like you see in the trailer. I know that this movie is not going to be for everyone.... but theres is a lot of pple out there that loves this stuff and we got some major contacts tat liking it such as universal label. I just wanted to get started somewhere in the film industry and wanted to move up and I found these pple that were making a movie. .. but thank you again for your feedback

Anytime. And hey, if you have an audience for this type of movie, then by all means go for it (!). Good luck with this film and any in the future. I'm glad my critique went over well.