Mixing Bulbs In Maxibrutes

Hi all,

I live in Hollywood, and I just acquired two 9-light Maxibrutes dirt cheap (don't ask, cheaper than filling my van with gas).... Was wondering how should I globe them for maximum flexibility?

I have used Maxis filled with 100% Medium Floods, but I was curious... if there was one configuration that would set you up for 75% of all the things you would do with a MaxiBrute, what would that be?

Bounce, diffusion, backlights, etc... what would be the most generic configuration that makes sense?

Maybe 6 medium floods with 3 narrow spots in the middle? Or something different. I've used them with all 9 set to medium flood, but I'm thinking there must be some logical or historical way of using maxis with mixed bulbs, that give you a marginally better configuration or better flexibility...

I was thinking each bank (from top to bottom) would be the medium flood/narrow spot/medium flood, all identical.

If anyone can recommend something, that would be cool.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi all,

I live in Hollywood, and I just acquired two 9-light Maxibrutes dirt cheap (don't ask, cheaper than filling my van with gas).... Was wondering how should I globe them for maximum flexibility?

I have used Maxis filled with 100% Medium Floods, but I was curious... if there was one configuration that would set you up for 75% of all the things you would do with a MaxiBrute, what would that be?

Bounce, diffusion, backlights, etc... what would be the most generic configuration that makes sense?

Maybe 6 medium floods with 3 narrow spots in the middle? Or something different. I've used them with all 9 set to medium flood, but I'm thinking there must be some logical or historical way of using maxis with mixed bulbs, that give you a marginally better configuration or better flexibility...

I was thinking each bank (from top to bottom) would be the medium flood/narrow spot/medium flood, all identical.

If anyone can recommend something, that would be cool.

Thanks,

Tim

You've mentioned the two configurations that I have seen the most. I almost always use all nine with the MFL, but occasionally I have put in spots down the center so that the spread can be changed up by alternating the sequence of the globes. Looks like you have seen the same.