Hi + Looking for Film Stock in Australia

Hi,

I typo'ed my username, can a mod put an A in front of it please? :) (should be Athiril not thiril).

Hi, Im studying film production (a bachelor degree), in my final year, and looking for 16mm single sided perf stock in Australia, as a student Id like any cheap stock I can get my hands on (recans, short ends etc)

For those interested:

Will be shooting on a modified Krasnogorsk-3, widened out to Super16, with the M42 mount I havea nice selection of lenses for it :) (i have future plans to put a tripod plate on the film mag, and shoot horizontally and create my own gate for a 3 perf 22.86 x 12.52mm image - will need to modify gear ratio, but its a simple camera :))

Will be developing b&W and colour film at home - I've been doing this for about 6 months now - on still 35mm and 120 roll film, I find it simple enough, and have used b&w developer (kodak xtol) and c41 developer to create a colour reversal with good success (http://www.photodan.com.au/xtol-e6.html) - one of the things I'll be doing for my degree in my experimental processing (as well as attempting to add dyes to b&w film - to create an autochrome like film), just plan on picking up a 100ft 16mm tank.

For telecine, I'll be using the animation/single frame mode of the krasnogorsk and running the developed film back through it, with a dSLR + macro lens hooked up with the shutter release to the film advance mechanism as a switch to mostly automate the process, shooting down the throat of the lens mount (have macro imaged still film @ 3000 dpi of real detail before with excellent results, dont need a resolution that high for a HD telecine :)).

Id like to stock up on 16mm stock as soon as possible so I dont have to worry about it.

As for chemicals I can mix my own (ive spent a huge amount of time in experimentation on still photography on film though), I also have a deal with a camera house in case I cant get all the individual components to make it up to get bulk stuff (10-40 litres) pretty cheaply, in comparison to the normal cost of $150-$180/5 litres for colour chemicals

Dont have much of a show reel atm, but I do have a few nice still photos

http://www.photodan.com.au/gallery.php

Anyway, if there's any Aussies out there that got some film supply connections Id like to hear from you :)

Edited by Daniel Joseph Lee

Hi,

I've got some old EXR 100t (from the 90s, I think) 2000' plus a bit of Vision 1 (320t) (about 1000').

Are you in sydney?

Fred

Ps: your website is awesome :-)

Edited by Frederik Nielssen