Crystal sync genne

where can i buy a honda crystal sync genne. do i have to special order it or build it my self if so where can i get the parts for the crystal sync. i have seen the big lite power gennes. but i just need a smaller one. one i can load in the back of a pick up and carrie my other gear. does any one know a web site. or sites.

post-41692-1244766189.jpg

where can i buy a honda crystal sync genne. do i have to special order it or build it my self if so where can i get the parts for the crystal sync. i have seen the big lite power gennes. but i just need a smaller one. one i can load in the back of a pick up and carrie my other gear. does any one know a web site. or sites.

The cine cameras can have crystal sync speed motors with speed synthesizer.

The speed synthesizer can setup of any speed at rate 5..50 fps with step 0.001 fpr.

A some cine cameras can have motors with speed synhronization from outside signal ( signal of main power )

Possible, you need think about motor-generator set with DC motor with crystal sync speed regulator and generator at one shaft

Any case, the main question must be power of motor-generator set.

• 2 weeks later...
where can i buy a honda crystal sync genne. do i have to special order it or build it my self if so where can i get the parts for the crystal sync.

I run a rental house in Boston by the name of ScreenLight and Grip and we rent and sell Honda Generators for film production.

You no longer need to modify Honda generators with crystal governors. The conventional wisdom regarding portable generators went out the window with the recent development of inverter generators and power factor correction (PFC) in smaller (575-1200W) HMI ballasts.

We modify the Honda EU6500is Inverter Generator and have developed a distro system for it that offers 7500W of stable power in a Single 120V circuit. Which is enough power to run not only 2.5kw HMIs, but also 4kw, or even 6kw HMIs. It can run a Mole 6kw Six Light (6x 1kw Par 64 Globes), the new powerful Mole 5k Quartz Par, or a complete HD Lighting Pkg. we have developed to maximize the production capability of our new Gen Set System that we are calling the HD Plug & Play Pkg. (HD P&P Pkg.).Use the URL below for more detailed information on this new generator system:

www.screenlightandgrip.com/html/hd_plug-n-play_pkg.html

Where our modified Honda EU6500is is an inverter generator you will also have a lot less trouble with harmonic distortion and noise than you will with conventional generators like the EX5500 or ES6500, and it is half as loud as these machines or the Honda EM7000is.

This new generator system is specifically designed to address the increase in problems caused by harmonic distortion. While our modified EU6500is system is new the power generation issues it addresses have been vexing set electricians for years. If you are interested we have posted on our website and article that explains the electrical engineering principles behind these issues and how our HD P&P Pkg resolves them. You can access the article at:

http://www.screenlightandgrip.com/html/ema...generators.html

Until recently, to power HMI lights over 1.2kw or Quartz lights over 2kw required a large diesel movie generator. Movie generators are not only expensive to rent, but they come with hidden costs that usually break the budget of independently funded HD projects. Movie generators require special tow equipment not found on Ryder or Penske rental trucks. For that reason, movie generators require that you rent a more expensive grip truck from a lighting and grip rental company in order to tow them. Lighting rental companies will not send out a grip truck without a company driver - further adding to the expense of renting a movie generator (driver rates run about $400/10hrs with overtime after 10hr).

Our HD P&P Pkg. takes advantage of technological advances to power HMI lights up to 6kw or Quartz lights up to 5kw off of wall outlets or the new generation of portable Honda Inverter Generators. The primary factors limiting the use of HMIs on portable Honda generators has been their inefficient use of power and the harmonic noise they throw back into the power stream. The power waveform below left is typical of what results from the operation of a couple of 1200W HMIs with non power factor corrected ballasts on a conventional portable generator. The adverse effects of the harmonic noise exhibited here, can take the form of overheating and failing equipment, efficiency losses, circuit breaker trips, excessive current on the neutral wire, and instability of the generator’s voltage and frequency. For these reasons it has never been possible to operate more than a couple of 1200W HMIs on a conventional 6500W portable gas generator. Harmonic noise of this magnitude can also damage HD digital cinema production equipment, create ground loops, and possibly create radio frequency (RF) interference. The increasing use of personal computers, hard drives, and microprocessor-controlled recording equipment in production has created an unprecedented demand for clean, reliable power on set.

waveform_AVR-Inv_Pkg.jpg

Our HD P&P Pkg. takes advantage of recent technological advances in HMI ballast design and power generation to create clean stable set power that is capable of operating larger lights (HMIs up to 6kw or Quartz lights up to 5kw), or more smaller lights, off of portable gas generators than has ever been possible before. For example, the power waveform above on the right, is the same package of HMI lights but with power factor corrected electronic HMI ballasts operating on our modified Honda EU6500is Inverter Generator. As you can see, the difference between the resulting waveforms is startling. Even though we are running the same overall load, the fact that the HMI ballasts in our HD Plug and Play Pkg. are power factor corrected and the power is being generated by our modified Honda EU6500is Inverter Generator, results in virtually no power waveform distortion. For this reason, sensitive electronic production equipment will operate reliably and without damage. And, the generator is capable of operating larger, or more smaller, lights than has ever been possible before on a portable gas generator.

For example, our modified Honda EU6500i Inverter Generator with our 60A Full Power Transformer/Distro is capable of powering the 2.5kw, 1200, & 800 HMI Pars, of our HD Plug and Play Pkg., plus a couple of Kino Flo Parabeam 400s, Parabeam 200s, and a FlatHead 80. Given the light sensitivity of HD Camcorders, this constitutes a complete location lighting package for HD Digital Cinema productions.

By eliminating the need for a tow generator in order to have feature style production capability, our HD P&P Pkg. saves you the expense of not only the generator, but also the added expense of a rental house grip truck and truck driver. So that you can still enjoy the amenities of a grip truck, we can set up our HD P&P Pkg. on several Backstage rolling grip carts that you can load onto a Ryder or Penske rental box truck. So that you can record sound without picking up the noise of a portable generator, we can outfit your production with a custom distribution package that will enable you to run the generator from inside your rental truck while keeping your power plug in points conveniently on set.

- Guy Holt, Gaffer, ScreenLight & Grip, Boston

Is the inverter electronic circuitry in the Honda crystal controlled?

One of the great benefits for motion picture production of inverter generators is that the voltage and frequency of the power they generate is no longer linked to the engine speed of the generator so they do not need crystal controls.

Traditional AVR generators, with simple two-pole cores, require crystal governors to run at a constant 3600 RPM to produce stable 60 hertz (cycle) power. Inverter generators do not have to run at a constant speed because the AC power they output is generated from high voltage DC power that is micro-processor switched according to a PWM control logic with a voltage stability of ± 1%, and Frequency stability of ± 0.01 HZ. Where the AC Frequency (Hz) of the power PWM inverter modules generate is rock solid, they don’t require the expensive and ultimately unreliable engine governors.

In fact, the multi-pole core of an inverter generator alternator supplies so much power per revolution to the inverter module (several hundred overlapping sine waves at frequencies of up to 20’000 Hz) that the core doesn’t even need to operate at full speed to support a load. Instead, the micro processor of the inverter module automatically adjusts the generator's engine speed to produce only the power needed for the specific load in use. For this reason, inverter generators can run at much slower RPMs (hence quieter) while maintaining frequency and power for the requested load.

Since the output frequency is no longer dependent on engine RPM, voltage and frequency are not susceptible to fluctuations because of varying loads as is case with conventional generators. This feature of inverter generators make them much more suited for motion picture production than conventional generators.

Where voltage and frequency are not a function of engine speed with inverter generators, as they are with conventional generators, a transient load has no effect on either the voltage or frequency (Hz) and so HMI ballasts won’t cut out. We have struck 6k HMI Pars on a modified Honda EU6500is inverter generator without problem.

Use the URL below for more detailed information on this new generator system:

www.screenlightandgrip.com/html/hd_plug-n-play_pkg.html

- Guy Holt, Gaffer, ScreenLight & Grip, Boston

• Premium Member
.............. linked to the engine speed of the generator so they do not need crystal controls...........Inverter generators do not have to run at a constant speed because the AC power they output is generated from high voltage DC power that is micro-processor switched according to a PWM control logic with a voltage stability of ± 1%, and Frequency stability of ± 0.01 HZ. Where the AC Frequency (Hz) of the power PWM inverter modules generate is rock solid, they don’t require the expensive and ultimately unreliable engine governors.

What I'm wondering is just how is the inverter's PWM circuitry frequency controlled. It could be derived from a microprocessor (or similar circuitry) that isn't precision frequency controlled. Some microprocessors use a simple resistor/capacitor network to control clock speed, some use loose tolerance crystals, and some use precision crystals. Just how stable the Honda's frequency is, and how close to 60 Hz it is becomes a matter of how good the internal frequency control is.

Having said all that, it's usually pretty simple to upgrade a microprocessor's frequency control. International Crystals is located here in OKC, over the years they've made some pretty unique specials for me for various projects.