Garfinkel Named Director of Cinematography Services at PostWorks

Sue Smith

Steve Garfinkel has joined PostWorks as Director of Cinematography Services. He will serve as the primary interface between cinematographers and the staff at the facility which provides a broad range of post-production services for the television and motion picture industries.

“I am excited to be working with PostWorks,” Garfinkel says. “The staff here is exceptional in their ability to take on any project, in any format, and work with a tremendous level of expertise while maintaining the personal service of a boutique. My role will be to represent the interests of the cinematographers throughout post, be it while processing at PostWorks’ own film lab or at any other stage in the workflow.”

Garfinkel brings a unique perspective to his new role. During the previous 13 years, he served as Eastern Regional Manager for the Entertainment Imaging Division of the Eastman Kodak Company. Garfinkel is also an accomplished cinematographer and a member of IATSE Local 600, The Cinematographers Guild, and an associate member of the American Society of Cinematographers.

“We are pleased to have Steve as part of the PostWorks team,” says PostWorks Executive Vice President Domenic Rom. “I have known and worked with him over many years and have always been impressed with his professionalism and the respect he has garnered in the industry. Steve comes to the table as the cinematographer’s advocate, with no other agenda. He will review their images, whether film or digital, and make sure these cinematographers achieve the look they desire at Postworks.“

• 3 months later...