2x extender compatibility

We have a Zeiss 10-100mm T2 (B-mount with PL adapter) that we want to use with a 2x extender (PL-mount). Theoretically, there is no mechanical or optical reason for this not to work, except that I know certain lenses with protruding rear elements may collide with the element in the extender. This Zeiss zoom has a slightly recessed rear element.

For various logistical reasons, the 2x extender that we will be renting (it's a Zeiss one meant for the Zeiss 300mm, it's not a Century Optics or P+S Technik or other) will not actually anywhere near our camera package until we are actually in production. So we need to know ahead of time with some degree of certainty that they will be compatible.

The P+S Technik version explicitly states on their website that their 2x extender will not mate to a Zeiss 11-110mm (S16 converted). I don't know if I can extrapolate that to mean the Zeiss 2x extender will not mate to a R16 Zeiss 10-100mm.

Zeiss did make a 2x B-mount Mutar exclusively for the Zeiss 10-100mm, but this isn't exactly an item rental houses carry.

Does anyone have actual experience using the Zeiss 10-100mm T2 with a 2x extender that can confirm whether it works or not?