Saw

I was just curious if the film 'Saw' has made a large impact in the US? The script is really what makes this film and I was wondering if it's big over there. We need more of this - more 'fresh' films. The same old films being churned out gets old in the end.

I really did love the way this looked. Does anyone have any information on how it was lit? or concerning the DP?

Lise :blink:

I was just curious if the film 'Saw' has made a large impact in the US? The script is really what makes this film and I was wondering if it's big over there. We need more of this - more 'fresh' films. The same old films being churned out gets old in the end.

I really did love the way this looked. Does anyone have any information on how it was lit? or concerning the DP?

Lise  :blink:

In Hollywood people are simply marvelling about how much money the guy who invested in the movie is making. Basically - He saw this short that these two new filmmakers made and decided to give them a million dollars of his own money to make it as a feature and produce it. (He had done lots of movies as a producer and was looking to get in on the cash side with some of his earnings.) Well, he liked what he had and stuck to his guns until he found a distribution deal which allowed him to keep a huge majority of the profit - 80% with limited outlay for P&A. And he won big - to the tune of tens of 55 million dollar US gross. This guy is set for life. I think it's interesting that it has a high rating on imdb yet on Rotten tomatoes it is floating under 50% positive reviews - I suspect it is just so niche that when you like it, you love it.

As for the cinematography, from what I hear the gaffer, Yaron Levy, was largely responsible for the look of the film on this one. That's just hearsay though.