First time film test

Hey, I will be doing a film test soon and this is my first time shooting on film. I will be shooting on vision2 and vision 3, 16mm. I was wondering if there is any advice or reliable process so that the test goes smoothly? Any help would really be great. Thanks

Nick

Shoot all different kinds of scenarios that you can think. High contrast, low contrast, outside, inside, dark, bright, etc. Also make sure that for each setup that you do you bracket it. So you shoot it how you would normally shoot it and then do one stop under, then two, then three, go as far as you want, and then make sure that you shoot it one stop over, then two, etc.

Also make sure that you're shooting with the same camera and lenses that you plan on shooting the project on so you know how the glass will effect the image.

Hey, I will be doing a film test soon and this is my first time shooting on film. I will be shooting on vision2 and vision 3, 16mm. I was wondering if there is any advice or reliable process so that the test goes smoothly? Any help would really be great. Thanks

Nick

Hi-

Here's a good nuts and bolts guide to shooting a film test, although I don't know how many people actually do a wedge spectogram; I know I never have...

http://www2.alfonsoparra.com/php/baul/test...esfotos.doc.pdf

The idea is to not to shoot a variety of scenes, but to shoot one (rather boring) setup, over and underexposing it, then printing both a one-light and corrected workprint.