1M spring motor

Paul Bruening

• Premium Member

It's me again, asking the same old questions: Anyone, here, own or have used a Konvas spring motor on a 1M? Does it have a governor in the motor assembly or is that done in the camera body somewhere? What are the motor unit's dimensions, specifically, its thickness?

Thanks in advance.

• Premium Member

I had a 2M, but I'm pretty sure that the 1M would be the same in this regard. The cameras are designed primarily for an electric motor, so they wouldn't have internal mechanical governors. An accessory spring motor would need to have its own governor.

-- J.S.

It's me again, asking the same old questions: Anyone, here, own or have used a Konvas spring motor on a 1M? Does it have a governor in the motor assembly or is that done in the camera body somewhere? What are the motor unit's dimensions, specifically, its thickness?

Thanks in advance.

Konvas-1 cameras ( KSR-1, KSR-1M ) had spring motor.

This is rare device.

Spring motor of Konvas-1 do not compatible with Konvas-1M,Konvas-2M cameras because, this is cameras have different design of mechanism.

Konvas-1 camera have devices for mechanical speed control, and mechanical start-stop trigger for use of spring motor.

The cine camera with spring motor must have mechanical, inertial, speed regulator and Konvas-1 have this device.

If you interested of 35 mm spring motor camera, I can recommed to learn of russian AKS-1.

This is camera have build in spring motor.

• Premium Member
Konvas-1 cameras ( KSR-1, KSR-1M ) had spring motor.

This is rare device.

Spring motor of Konvas-1 do not compatible with Konvas-1M,Konvas-2M cameras because, this is cameras have different design of mechanism.

Konvas-1 camera have devices for mechanical speed control, and mechanical start-stop trigger for use of spring motor.

The cine camera with spring motor must have mechanical, inertial, speed regulator and Konvas-1 have this device.

If you interested of 35 mm spring motor camera, I can recommed to learn of russian AKS-1.

This is camera have build in spring motor.

Forgive me Olex. I don't fully understand your words. Is the speed regulator inside of the KSR-1 and KSR-1M camera body? Or is the speed regulator inside of the separate spring-wound motor unit?

Forgive me Olex. I don't fully understand your words. Is the speed regulator inside of the KSR-1 and KSR-1M camera body? Or is the speed regulator inside of the separate spring-wound motor unit?

Yes, The mechanical speed regulator set inside of KSR-1, KSR-1M camera body, under of indicator of speedmeter.

If you will see detailed, you can see small lever with scale 0...9 under of indicator of speedmeter.

This is lever of control of mechanical speed regulator.

Konvas-1 cameras, KSR-1, KSR-1M can have :

- DC electrical motor with rheostat speed control,

- spring motor,

- hand crank for single shooting

- hand crank for " normal " speed shooting.

At time of design of Konvas-1 cameras, we do not had of effective electronic speed regulators, that's why, the Konvas desigher use of idea of mechanical speed control.

This is special device, set inside of body of speed metter of Konvas camera and set on body of camera.

The mechanical speed regulator take of rottation from main axis of mechnaism, included two counterbalances with spring.

The design of mechanical speed regulator of Konvas camera similar of design of any mechnaical speed regulators of cine cameras with spring motor.

If you run of camera, the rotation from main axis of mechanism to pass on rotation of counterbalances.

And the centrifugal force will press of counterbalances to break by systems of levers.

The spring will counteract of centrifugal force.

At final.

If the speed of axis of mechanism of camera will have more high value from, the counterbalances will press on break and will extend of resistance of rotation of all mechanism.

If the speed of axis of mechanism of camera will diminish, the speed regulator will deminish of resistance of rotation of all mechanism.

The mechanical regulator use for speed contol with electrical motor ( rtheostat control ), with spring motor and with harnd crank run at " normal " speed.

The body of speed regulator included of speed regulator with lever for speed correction and speedometer with indicator.

The procedure of speed setting of Konvas-1 camera with electrical motor.

- to set of lever of speed regulator on position minimum resistance of rotation .

- to run of camera and set rheostat of motor on position of 26..28 fps speed.

- to change of position of lever of speed regulator and adjust of speed of camera on value 24 fps.

You can see, the mechanical speed regulator inportant device for speed control of cine camera with electrical motor with rheostat control, with spring motor and with hand crant shooting.