Low cost Mail Delivery Service for Super8 users

Terry Mester

I'm starting up a new low cost mail delivery service for my fellow Super8 users. Users can mail their Film Cartridges to me in Canada, and then I'll mail them to the developing lab in a big bulk order of about 40 Films. I want to offer it for Cine Lab, Dwayne's Photo Service, Spectra Film and Video and Wittner Cinetec in Germany. I haven't yet heard back from Cine or Spectra regarding their shipping fees, but I've finalized prices for Dwayne's and Wittner. This service is about saving money, and not fast service. I can offer this service for the following rates (for the 1st Cartridge):

Dwayne's Photo Service

Super 8mm Cartridges -- $1.92 or $1.46 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 65 US Cents plus the Developing Fee of Dwayne's.

16mm Reels (100' or 200') -- $2.08 or $1.46 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 65 US Cents plus the Developing Fee of Dwayne's.

135 Photographic Cartridges -- $1.92 or $1.46 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 65 US Cents plus the Developing Fee of Dwayne's.

This includes Kodachrome, Ektachrome and Fujichrome.

For the 2nd and additional Cartridges, the rate per Cart is 84 Cents CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 65 US Cents plus the Developing Fee.

Wittner Cinetec

Super 8mm Cartridges -- $2.29 or $1.83 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 1.32 EUROs plus the Developing Fee of Wittner.

16mm Reels (100' or 200') -- $2.29 or $1.83 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 1.32 EUROs plus the Developing Fee of Wittner.

For the 2nd and additional Cartridges, the rate per Cart is $1.21 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 1.32 EUROs plus the Developing Fee of Wittner.

You will note that I give two prices (e.g. $1.92 or $1.46). The lower price is if you would like me to risk sending the developed Film back to you with a 54 Cent Stamp instead of 98 Cents. If Canada Post should demand more postage, then you will have to pay the extra postage, but this should only be a potential concern within Canada since foreign Post Offices won't care. You will need to mail the Film Cartridge to me using at least a 6-1/2 by 9-1/2 Inch Envelope or a small Box which I will then re-use to send the developed Film back to you. To enquire further about this delivery service, you can E-Mail me at filmanddigitalinfo@yahoo.ca .

Purchasing Films from Wittner Cinetec

I will also offer a special service for purchasing Films from Wittner. Within Canada, $3.24 or $2.57 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of about 1.25 EUROs per Cartridge. Outside of Canada, $3.73 or $2.57 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of about 1.25 EUROs per Cartridge. You would pay for Wittner's cost of the Cartridge directly yourself on your Credit Card. The "equivalent of about 1.25 EUROs" will be calculated at the time of ordering.

I'm starting up a new low cost mail delivery service for my fellow Super8 users. Users can mail their Film Cartridges to me in Canada, and then I'll mail them to the developing lab in a big bulk order of about 40 Films. I want to offer it for Cine Lab, Dwayne's Photo Service, Spectra Film and Video and Wittner Cinetec in Germany. I haven't yet heard back from Cine or Spectra regarding their shipping fees, but I've finalized prices for Dwayne's and Wittner. This service is about saving money, and not fast service. I can offer this service for the following rates (for the 1st Cartridge):

Dwayne's Photo Service

Super 8mm Cartridges -- $1.92 or $1.46 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 65 US Cents plus the Developing Fee of Dwayne's.

16mm Reels (100' or 200') -- $2.08 or $1.46 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 65 US Cents plus the Developing Fee of Dwayne's.

135 Photographic Cartridges -- $1.92 or $1.46 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 65 US Cents plus the Developing Fee of Dwayne's.

This includes Kodachrome, Ektachrome and Fujichrome.

For the 2nd and additional Cartridges, the rate per Cart is 84 Cents CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 65 US Cents plus the Developing Fee.

Wittner Cinetec

Super 8mm Cartridges -- $2.29 or $1.83 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 1.32 EUROs plus the Developing Fee of Wittner.

16mm Reels (100' or 200') -- $2.29 or $1.83 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 1.32 EUROs plus the Developing Fee of Wittner.

For the 2nd and additional Cartridges, the rate per Cart is $1.21 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of 1.32 EUROs plus the Developing Fee of Wittner.

You will note that I give two prices (e.g. $1.92 or $1.46). The lower price is if you would like me to risk sending the developed Film back to you with a 54 Cent Stamp instead of 98 Cents. If Canada Post should demand more postage, then you will have to pay the extra postage, but this should only be a potential concern within Canada since foreign Post Offices won't care. You will need to mail the Film Cartridge to me using at least a 6-1/2 by 9-1/2 Inch Envelope or a small Box which I will then re-use to send the developed Film back to you. To enquire further about this delivery service, you can E-Mail me at filmanddigitalinfo@yahoo.ca .

I will also offer a special service for purchasing Films from Wittner. Within Canada, $3.24 or $2.57 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of about 1.25 EUROs per Cartridge. Outside of Canada, $3.73 or $2.57 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of about 1.25 EUROs per Cartridge. You would pay for Wittner's cost of the Cartridge directly yourself on your Credit Card. The "equivalent of about 1.25 EUROs" will be calculated at the time of ordering.

Good luck but I think you are overestimating demand.

I don't understand why you do not apply for becoming listed Canada reseller for Andec. Andec does the processing work for Wittner and only adds costs and two weeks extra in time.

... I don't understand why you do not apply for becoming listed Canada reseller for Andec. Andec does the processing work for Wittner and only adds costs and two weeks extra in time.

Well, I've been communicating with Wittner. They never mentioned anything about Andec.

I will also offer a special service for purchasing Films from Wittner. Within Canada, $3.24 or $2.57 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of about 1.25 EUROs per Cartridge. Outside of Canada, $3.73 or $2.57 CDN plus the Canadian Dollar equivalent of about 1.25 EUROs per Cartridge. ...

Just to clarify: "Within Canada, $3.24 or $2.57 CDN" and "Outside of Canada, $3.73 or $2.57 CDN" is per Order -- NOT per Cartridge. So, an Order of 4 Cartridges would be $3.24/73 or $2.57 plus about 5 EUROs to cover all postage fees. I can also be paid in EUROs or U. S. Dollars.

Well, I've been communicating with Wittner. They never mentioned anything about Andec.

Of course they don't. Turning/giving business away would be rather stupid.

Become a reseller yourself you get a reseller discount, and returns are much faster.

BTW I doubt European services are attractive at moment with Euro/Dollar rates.

Do the calculations yourself.