Looking for some advice/direction

I'm 20 years old, trying to figure out weather I need film school or not and am stuck in a predicament.

My goal for the past 5-6 years has been to produce. I have written one horror feature film screenplay and have an idea for a TV show that I do not think has been done before but I'm not sure on where to go from there. My questions are:

Are pilot TV shows written differently then regular TV episodes?

My horror script is 86 pages, is that to short?

Should I try and get an agent to give the script to?

The TV show I'm not sure I could write an entire episode as the genre it would be in is difficult for me to write but I could write a treatment and basic outline of where I want it to go.

I'm not claiming to be the best screenwriter, nor do I necessarily want to make it my full time job, as like I said, I'm much more interested in producing. I'm not looking to hit it big on my first project either, I'd be happy to just get the film made, weather it be direct to DVD or put on a website. I would like to make some form of compensation but the experience in itself would be worth it.

Also, I'm not completely desperate, I will not just send my screenplay to anyone, I'm fully aware of snakes that troll forums and other online markets that pull scams and steal other peoples hard work. I'm just hear to get advice, give it where I can and network as much as possible.

If I'm coming off as rude I apologize beforehand this is just something I'm really passionate and determined about.

I'm 20 years old, trying to figure out weather I need film school or not and am stuck in a predicament.

My goal for the past 5-6 years has been to produce. I have written one horror feature film screenplay and have an idea for a TV show that I do not think has been done before but I'm not sure on where to go from there. My questions are:

The TV show I'm not sure I could write an entire episode as the genre it would be in is difficult for me to write but I could write a treatment and basic outline of where I want it to go.

I'm not claiming to be the best screenwriter, nor do I necessarily want to make it my full time job, as like I said, I'm much more interested in producing. I'm not looking to hit it big on my first project either, I'd be happy to just get the film made, weather it be direct to DVD or put on a website. I would like to make some form of compensation but the experience in itself would be worth it.

Also, I'm not completely desperate, I will not just send my screenplay to anyone, I'm fully aware of snakes that troll forums and other online markets that pull scams and steal other peoples hard work. I'm just hear to get advice, give it where I can and network as much as possible.

If I'm coming off as rude I apologize beforehand this is just something I'm really passionate and determined about.

I want to recommend that you read every page at http://www.wordplayer.com. Not that this site isn't great, but for the writing/producing end of the biz, you'll glean A LOT of useful information and advice from industry professionals there.

I'd also highly recommend the books, http://www.amazon.com/Movie-Producer-Handb...l_pop_2_rdssss0

and http://www.amazon.com/Film-Scriptwriting-S...l_pop_3_rdssss0

By reading through those three resources, a great many of the questions you're asking will be answered AND you'll find answers to questions that you didn't even know to ask! They ARE that good! :)

There's also a new book out that I haven't had the chance to read yet, but I'm hearing wonderful things about: http://www.amazon.com/Save-Last-Book-Scree...6411&sr=1-1 I'm picking up a copy of it myself tomorrow!

Good luck!

maybe people here can halp me

so glad to find this site

so i am in berlin studing german

and i want to study something connected with filmmaking here in berli (isnot a good idea?)

filmmaking is my dreamjob

but i dont know which one to pick up

ok i have written two screenplays for drama films and i have millions of scenes in my mind including ideas for commercials as well as short funny movies

producing? scriptwritting? or...

i would study everything except playing selbst

but what exactly? i am confused...

where can i get description of every job or occupation in cinematography so that i can choose exact one

have found the following schools for cinematography in Berlin:

1 www.hff-potsdam.de (Hochschule für Film und Fernsehen ''Konrad Wolf''

2 www.dffb.de (Deutsche Film und Fernsehakademie Berlin)

3 www.kameraschule.de (technische Fachhochschule)

has any of you heard about them, how popular is it to study filmmaking in Belin, should i search for other place??????

You should know that first draft screenplays of untested, new writers are generally never sold or optioned. You need to workshop it with other writers and get feedback, then revise it at least five to ten times before you send it around. One great resource for this is triggerstreet.com.

Edited by Diana Perri