Saturn commercial on tv

• Premium Member

Has anybody seen the Saturn commercial that's been running a lot on tv? It shows a Saturn employee in a green shirt who is saying that Saturn does build cars that Americans want.

I'm struck by the commercial because it has a kind of satiny look to it, if that makes sense. The images seem glossy and shiny, not just the items in the shots (even though it looks almost as if the guy's green shirt is silk) but the shots themselves, kind of like glossy prints.

Would anybody know on what camera this was shot? It looks digital to me. I'm wondering if this look is a sign of a particular camera.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anybody seen the Saturn commercial that's been running a lot on tv? It shows a Saturn employee in a green shirt who is saying that Saturn does build cars that Americans want.

I'm struck by the commercial because it has a kind of satiny look to it, if that makes sense. The images seem glossy and shiny, not just the items in the shots (even though it looks almost as if the guy's green shirt is silk) but the shots themselves, kind of like glossy prints.

Would anybody know on what camera this was shot? It looks digital to me. I'm wondering if this look is a sign of a particular camera.

I've seen the commercial also. Many times on tv. To me it feels more like film. I really don't think it has that HDish look. I think the glossiness may come from a slower film stock maybe over exposed a stop. That would account for the more saturated colors and virtually no grain and the crushed blacks.

I have also heard that GM really likes film because of its longevity and consistent quality. Im watching the commercial on tv now and it must definitely be film. In which case the camera is either a Panavision or Arri.