c mount h8 rex lenses on an h16

james mcpherson

"The lens mount on the H-8 REX was the same 1" thread diameter as found on the standard C-mount of the H-16 and other 16mm cameras. However, the optical distance between lens seat and film plane was 15.305mm (compared with 17.52 on 16mm). [2] The lenses designed specifically for the H-8 Reflex were identified by the letters "H8 RX" inscribed on the lens barrel"

bolex collector.co.uk

i guess my question is can i use these on my h16 rex5 and what effect will this difference in optical distance between the lens seat and film plane have ?

j.

"The lens mount on the H-8 REX was the same 1" thread diameter as found on the standard C-mount of the H-16 and other 16mm cameras. However, the optical distance between lens seat and film plane was 15.305mm (compared with 17.52 on 16mm). [2] The lenses designed specifically for the H-8 Reflex were identified by the letters "H8 RX" inscribed on the lens barrel"

bolex collector.co.uk

i guess my question is can i use these on my h16 rex5 and what effect will this difference in optical distance between the lens seat and film plane have ?

j.

H8RX lenses will not focus on a H16RX. On top of that, their image circle is too small to cover 16mm.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis