Vision 3, 250D

Chris Lange

So, I'm having a hard time finding out the differences between Vision 2 250D and Vision 3 250D...What are you gaining and/or losing with the new Vision 3? I'm considering Vision 3 for a student film, but Vision 2 will be cheaper for me. Has anyone done a side by side comparison?

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
So, I'm having a hard time finding out the differences between Vision 2 250D and Vision 3 250D...What are you gaining and/or losing with the new Vision 3? I'm considering Vision 3 for a student film, but Vision 2 will be cheaper for me. Has anyone done a side by side comparison?

Thanks,

Chris

Personally I haven't shot with it myself, but from what I read it has similar changes as 5219. Higher latitude in the highlights and a tighter grain structure. I suppose it would be more "forgiving" for hot spots you might find in frame or in low key lighting. Recently I worked on a commercial which used 5207 and the dailies looked really tight. Personally I can't wait to try it out for myself.

Really though, you should test out both stocks first, if your budget allows, and see which one you like best.

Hope that helps,

Nick