1/2 Green over Fixtures

Hi everyone,

I have an upcoming RED shoot in a hospital in which the hallway ceiling fixtures have a green spike and are T9 tubes. The local rental house can supply some T9 fixtures that may only help with the green issue in the slightest degree.

Our shooting situation includes looking down the hallway with some of the doors along the hallway being dark while others will have tungsten or CTO'd daylight sources spilling out of them. I'll also be in a Patient's-room that I want to take towards a rather blue look, but the green spiked hallway will be in the background of the shot

Can I gel all of the other fixtures with a 1/2 or 1/4 green for the purpose of white balancing in that condition to cancel the green out. Is this an acceptable method, or is this going about solving the problem the wrong way.

When it all boils down I just want to eliminate the green from the hallway's flouro tubes when used along side my daylight and tungsten sources.

It's looking more and more like replacing the entire hallway's fixtures isn't going to happen for us.

I could really benefit from your thoughts and expertise, and it would be most appreciated. Thanks.