Front Box

Thanks Chris. I looked around and there really doesn't seem to be that many versions available... a matter of fact that Don Earl Model seems to be the most popular... gonna order that one (hopefully with a black, not pinkish, bracket)... unless someone has a used one?????? hint hint ;)

Guest Trevor Swaim
Thanks Chris. I looked around and there really doesn't seem to be that many versions available... a matter of fact that Don Earl Model seems to be the most popular... gonna order that one (hopefully with a black, not pinkish, bracket)... unless someone has a used one?????? hint hint ;)

Backstage equipment has a frontbox on page 43 of their catalog listed at $190 I don't know anything about it, but from the pics it looks solid enough.

http://www.backstageweb.com/Mag%20World%20...009V2%20WEB.pdf

• Premium Member

Filmtools and studio depot both have brackets. I think the one I saw at studio depot was black and locked differently than the purple don earl bracket. I still say that you could get the $35 bracket and spend an afternoon in your or someone else's shop and have a frontbox.

Trevor... THANKS!

You are absolutely right Chris, but time is money... by the time I get the Bracket and quality Wood and take someone to dinner for helping me bang one out it will come close to the $190... I like that Backstage one and that interesting cut they made for oversized objects.

post-31017-1259325565.png

• Premium Member
Trevor... THANKS!

You are absolutely right Chris, but time is money... by the time I get the Bracket and quality Wood and take someone to dinner for helping me bang one out it will come close to the $190... I like that Backstage one and that interesting cut they made for oversized objects.

post-31017-1259325565.png

Fair enough. I didn't know how woodworking savvy you are or aren't. :P

The slot is a nice idea. I can't think of what it might be good for but I guess that's the kind of thing that you'll find out when you need to. Also, I think that slot by the pens is notebook size. That's cool.

Fair enough. I didn't know how woodworking savvy you are or aren't. :P

:lol: I built a 1966 Malibu 383 Stroker 'Pro Street' Car and some Tree Forts but Dove-Tails and the like I'd have to hire out.

btw, to keep this film related... David Lynch is quite a Woodworker!

• Premium Member
:lol: I built a 1966 Malibu 383 Stroker 'Pro Street' Car and some Tree Forts but Dove-Tails and the like I'd have to hire out.

btw, to make this film related... David Lynch is quite a Woodworker!

That's funny, I'm just the opposite of you. I've worked with wood all my life (started fiddling in my Dad's shop as a kid) but I don't really know anything about decent metalwork.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, thought I would chime in here. I'm posting this around as we are jumping into full production on our own custom front boxes. David, I assume you have already purchased your box, but in case you are in the market for something nicer in the future, take a look. I've posted the photos and details here: http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=43766

They're a little more pricey than what's out there, but well worth it and made with love. Let me know what you guys think and please spread the word if you know anyone looking for a nice front box. Thanks

-Tanner