Hello all,

Know what I'm talking about ?

Uh huh, yep - these:

Teleprompter.jpg

Searching online I've found reference to:

- glass

- tinted glass

- semi-reflective glass

Well, glass is semi-reflective anyway so go figure - but does anyone have some specs or info on the actual glass used in these ?

Basically, what does it transmit compared to reflect compared to the same in normal glass ? If there is an element of semi-reflectivity - which surface is treated and in which I guess 'direction' ?

Any tips appreciated ;)

Hello all,

Know what I'm talking about ?

Uh huh, yep - these:

Teleprompter.jpg

Searching online I've found reference to:

- glass

- tinted glass

- semi-reflective glass

Well, glass is semi-reflective anyway so go figure - but does anyone have some specs or info on the actual glass used in these ?

Basically, what does it transmit compared to reflect compared to the same in normal glass ? If there is an element of semi-reflectivity - which surface is treated and in which I guess 'direction' ?

Any tips appreciated ;)

Hi Chris

I am the CEO of Autocue Group and wanted to come back to you on your glass queries.

The glass we use is specially made for us to ensure the clearest reflected image whilst ensuring sufficient light gets through to the camera.

We use 70:30 glass, i.e. 70% light through to the camera and 30% reflective. We have been around since 1955 and speaking to my hardware guru (who has been in the prompting industry for 35 years), we used to use 80:20 glass but made the switch when cameras became more sensitive and better able to operate in slightly darker conditions.

This 70:30 glass has 1/2 stop filter factor.

An anti-reflective coating is added to the camera side of the glass to stop reflections going back down the lens of the camera.

I hope this helps - for more info visit us at www.autocue-qtv.com or contact us at info@autocue.com.

Kind Regards

Frank