Canon 1014xls/814xls built in 85 filter

Phil Dexter

Does anyone know if the 85 filter engages if i use it with Kodak 64T stock?. I think even when selecting the sun symbol with the filter switch on the side, when using a negative stock it doesn't actually work engage the filter the way it should, so you have to use a screw on filter to make the correction. i wasn't sure if the same applied for 64T reversal, i hope not as I haven't got separate screw on 85 filter, lol.

Thanks guys

Dexter

Does anyone know if the 85 filter engages if i use it with Kodak 64T stock?. I think even when selecting the sun symbol with the filter switch on the side, when using a negative stock it doesn't actually work engage the filter the way it should, so you have to use a screw on filter to make the correction. i wasn't sure if the same applied for 64T reversal, i hope not as I haven't got separate screw on 85 filter, lol.

Thanks guys

Dexter

Filter will engage with 64T

Rick

Well technically it doesn't engage it, it lets you use the filter but only if you slide the switch to 'sun.'

That cartridge has a filter notch. The VISION stocks don't, so they will disengage the internal 85 automatically, with no way of overriding it. That camera will also rate 64T at the correct exposure, too.

Well technically it doesn't engage it, it lets you use the filter but only if you slide the switch to 'sun.'

That cartridge has a filter notch. The VISION stocks don't, so they will disengage the internal 85 automatically, with no way of overriding it. That camera will also rate 64T at the correct exposure, too.

Thanks for your nit-pickyness Jim. Small words can have big consequences.

Rick