add to what's already here

Steve Ford

Hi

I?m new to this forum and wanted to say hello and ask a question. I work for a small company that already had existing Lowel lights including a DP and Omni kit as well as two soft lights. I have a budget of about $2,500 to spend to upgrade our lighting and looked at the VIP Pro-Light Tungsten Kit as well as the Rifa-Pro 88 Tungsten Kit. The way I see it, this will get me a much better soft light for talking head as well as some controlled smaller lighting for the background. I am not married to the Lowel brand, it?s just what was here when I joined the company, do you have any suggestions on either better Lowel lights or for that matter a better manufacturer?

• Premium Member

Hi Steve,

You could get 2 more DP's and buy a couple of chimera softboxes, that way you can either be hard or soft and have enough punch for larger projects with just the DP's. You can get the egg crate for the chimera which will control your spread as well. Photoflex make a version of chimera thats half the price if your not stuck on name brands. The Rifa-Pro 88 would be good for highlights in the BG.