New Website

• Premium Member

Mesmerizing demo. Really beautiful stuff.

The quicktime clips felt desaturated or less snappy than the vimeo ones and some of them didn’t load. Have you not put them all up or should I be able to load all the clips?

“Fugitive Pieces” looks stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for taking the time.

All the clips should load and play, I check that out. iWeb can be buggy.

Some of the films I only have on SD so mixed formats were a real headache. The HD Quicktimes look the best, but not everyone has the patience to wait for those.

g

Mesmerizing demo. Really beautiful stuff.

The quicktime clips felt desaturated or less snappy than the vimeo ones and some of them didn’t load. Have you not put them all up or should I be able to load all the clips?

“Fugitive Pieces” looks stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Tom,

The Demo is embedded though Vimeo. Others have been able to see it. You should see the vimeo play arrow if your cursor's over the screen.

Some of the other quicktimes can be problematic.

g

Hi Gregory,

I wasn't able to watch anything....I got a black screen on the standard and the HD. What codec are you using?

Tom

Hey Greg!

Great stuff, efficient website... I really like your reel... Btw, little question; is it worth the money to get a CSC membership? I'm 25, and I've already shot a couple of series (fiction and doc) and films and I'm wondering if getting into the CSC will get me more work...

Thanks!

Vincent

vbiron.com

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for taking a look.

The CSC is a nice organization. I think they do a fair bit to promote us Cameramen/women so I think its worth supporting on that basis.

Will it get you more work? Perhaps, but thats a question everyone wants the answer too and one which no one really knows the answer. But it will do one thing which I think always improves chances to get more work which is meeting more peers. Although many of us compete for the same work, DP's generally are an articulate far thinking bunch who respect each others work. This means that we often end up giving references regarding other DP's to producers or directors. Getting to know peers is a great way to increase your visibility and help with that.

I'm sure one day, if it hasn't happened already you will get offered work while you are already working. Who would you recommend? How did you become aware of that person? You're going to be on someones mind for that too. If you meet a few more DP's through the csc then all the better.

Good luck,

greg

Hey Greg!

Great stuff, efficient website... I really like your reel... Btw, little question; is it worth the money to get a CSC membership? I'm 25, and I've already shot a couple of series (fiction and doc) and films and I'm wondering if getting into the CSC will get me more work...

Thanks!

Vincent

vbiron.com