Camera repair in L.A.

Nick Centera

Hey, yesterday on a shoot, my CP16 take up motor crapped out. All that was shot was lost unfortunately. I am in San Diego and I need to get the camera fixed up. If you know of any decent repair shops in the LA area that still work on CPs, please let me know. Thank you.

Nick

Hey, yesterday on a shoot, my CP16 take up motor crapped out. All that was shot was lost unfortunately. I am in San Diego and I need to get the camera fixed up. If you know of any decent repair shops in the LA area that still work on CPs, please let me know. Thank you.

Nick

I'm from Ukraine.

If you will have idea to replace of electronic, we can discuss by PM.

I can install modern, crystal sync speed controller.

If you will have similar event with burn down 17EP-16 APK motor of Konvas, the minimum price of repair of original electronic 100 euros, the minimum price of upgrade electronic with modern controller 320 euros.

Ken at whitehouse is a pretty helpful guy. There is no take up motor on the CP-16r, so you likely have one of two very fixable problems. Possibly, the toothed belt that connects the main wheel to the take up clutch might have been stripped. If so it would be possible that the main wheel turns without turning the take up. The other possibility is that the clutch itself is slipping too much and needs to be adjusted/replaced.

Good luck. PM me if you have any questions. I am not a camera tech, but I have a bit of experience poking around the CPs.