"The Fountain"

Hello,

Does anyone know where I could find any interview where Matthew Libatique discusses his approach to lighting Izzy in "The Fountain", where she is in the golden ethereal light and her face is front lit and overexposed (or is that basically it?).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ash.

The November 2006 American Cinematographer magazine detailed a bit about the production. Although, I admittedly don't recall the depth of the article.

Yeah I've read that one and he only really talks about the special effects, rather than how hit lit Izzy..

Damn,

Watched this again a few weeks back and did some sniffing around the net - coulda sworn I read about those scenes somewhere, maybe here even (?) - Cinefex also did an article on the film, but again probably concentrating on the visual effects which were unique among most other films at the time of release...

Damn,

Watched this again a few weeks back and did some sniffing around the net - coulda sworn I read about those scenes somewhere, maybe here even (?) - Cinefex also did an article on the film, but again probably concentrating on the visual effects which were unique among most other films at the time of release...

Take a look at the special features on the DVD. From what I gathered its a combination of smoke, silks and 10k's.

Amazing cinematography in this film.

Take a look at the special features on the DVD. From what I gathered its a combination of smoke, silks and 10k's.

Amazing cinematography in this film.

Yeh, I mean - thats what I figured, just lots of warm diffuse light - I'm more interested in the microscopic/lavalamp/particle effects that were covered in the Cinefex article but now we're talking about spose I might have a look at the catch lights tonight ;)