light spill at SR III

Steven

Hello there,I am a focus puller and am shooting a tv drama on a SRIII at the moment.

Last week I got a report from the lab,saying there is a light spill on the right edge of the frame on two shots on one roll...

The shots are not ruined,since it is possible to zoom in a bit to get rid of the problem.

What astonishes me a bit,is that the problem occurs only on two prints in the middle of the roll...we change quite often the stock during the day,so there is a little chance that the mag was changed before and after these shots...

I checked the mag,it seems to be fine...

My theorie,so far is,that the mag maybe was not attached 100% to the body,like when the little red bar is visible...has anybody any experience what problems then may occur...?

Thank you very much.

Steven

Odd, in the a red flare on the right of the frame usually indicates a mag door open light leak. It is possible that the stupid little spring-mounted flap at the top of the camera where the mag mates did not properly flop down. This can happen when mounting the mag on rare occassion if the mag comes in at a slight angle. But usually the fogging effect is a general haze rather than light along one side. I guess it is possible that light slipped in and so happened to catch a shiny rail along one side so that created your particular flair.

Have you checked on issues from the lens mount or the videotap?