Bagging the RED? - Going from cold EXT to INT

Hey gang, just a quick question

i've always been taught that when going from an cold EXT to an INT you need to bag the camera for several hours re: condensation or some science/magic. This practice has been for film cameras. I'm assuming this would hold true for the RED, even though it's digital. I've seen people go from EXT to INT with other digi cams like HVX200s and such without any noticeable repercussion, but we're just a bit more concerned because, well, it's the RED. And we're up in Northern Ontario, so yes, it's quite chilly, lol.

thanks

• Premium Member

Plastic cameras you might get away with it, though it's not best practice. The surface would come up to temperature quickly enough that you wouldn't get much condensation. But the Red is made of aluminum, so bag it just as you would if you were going to carry it through a mild rainstorm.

-- J.S.

Plastic cameras you might get away with it, though it's not best practice. The surface would come up to temperature quickly enough that you wouldn't get much condensation. But the Red is made of aluminum, so bag it just as you would if you were going to carry it through a mild rainstorm.

-- J.S.

right on, ya we figured, but were hoping not to save some time, lol

thanks