Feature Film shot with HV20 "Ill Square"

Wayne Aldridge

An experimental feature directed by Edgardo Flores. Shot with a Canon HV20 for a budget of $320.00 US. I was fortunate enough to take part in this film and I must say I was quite impressed by how it all came together. For anyone interested in Kubrick or Godard, I highly recommend this film, for it bares aesthetic similarity's. You can purchase "Ill Square" through their website www.illsquare.com or at amazon.com for $11.99 (don't quote me on this) I can assure you, It's worth every cent. Trailer link

• Premium Member

I wish Edgardo commercial success. I would also like to take this opportunity to ask forum members: Why is the "zombie" theme so prevalent and successful? I recall from my childhood being profoundly moved by Night of the Living Dead. As I grew up I came to understand how it spoke to me about human nature and the way we all psychologically "consume" one another. But, I don't know if zombie movies speak that to everyone or just me. There has to be something deep inside the genre that comments on us and our fears or it wouldn't keep popping up in popular culture (slight pun barely intended).

Who's got an idea on this? I really do want to "get this" persistent theme.

Guest stevie wara
... But, I don't know if zombie movies speak that to everyone or just me. ...

You may need to consider the possibility that they are only speaking to you, Paul. Now I wouldn't get too concerned unless they start speaking to you a lot. And if they start telling you to do bad stuff, like laying out $11.99 at amazon for a $320 hv20 zombie masterpiece, then you might need to seek professional care. But whatever you do, don't mention the stuff about kubrick and godard---they might not let you go home again! ;)

Guest stevie wara

Hey Paul,

No hard feelings. Just kidding around. I'll regret it if I crossed your line.

The internet is full of essays on zombies in popular culture. Universities offer courses on the genre in the arts. And there are probably numerous dissertations on the subject as well, which is also kind of a scary thought.

Anyway, good luck with your own film. ^_^

Edited by stevie wara