Long-range weather forecasts

I'm planning a 2-3-day shoot this summer here in the Pacific Northwest. Typically, it's pretty sunny during that time. But because I'm shooting over a few days, a lot of it outside, I need to know what kind of weather to expect. I'm hoping for continuity with the weather.

That said, does anyone know of a somewhat reliable source for long-range weather forecasts? The only thing I can think of is the Old Farmer's Almanac though I've never known anyone to use it. Yes, I understand predicting the weather a few days ahead isn't easy, let alone months in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm planning a 2-3-day shoot this summer here in the Pacific Northwest. Typically, it's pretty sunny during that time. But because I'm shooting over a few days, a lot of it outside, I need to know what kind of weather to expect. I'm hoping for continuity with the weather.

That said, does anyone know of a somewhat reliable source for long-range weather forecasts? The only thing I can think of is the Old Farmer's Almanac though I've never known anyone to use it. Yes, I understand predicting the weather a few days ahead isn't easy, let alone months in advance.

Unfortunately you just have to plan ahead for all options. If you need it to be sunny outside then plan for that, but take some umbrellas and think, does the script Need it to be sunny or does it not matter?

That said, it is preferable to get what you want, but you really just have to cross your fingers on this one. Allow a shooting bracket, a series of days where you are available to shoot so if one gets rained out then you can use one of the spares. If it's cloudy or the light is a different look from what you want, you can always post-prod it easily.

Hope this helps :)

Unfortunately you just have to plan ahead for all options. If you need it to be sunny outside then plan for that, but take some umbrellas and think, does the script Need it to be sunny or does it not matter?

That said, it is preferable to get what you want, but you really just have to cross your fingers on this one. Allow a shooting bracket, a series of days where you are available to shoot so if one gets rained out then you can use one of the spares. If it's cloudy or the light is a different look from what you want, you can always post-prod it easily.

Hope this helps :)

I live in the Pacific Northwest also (Seattle), and I can't tell you how annoying the weather can be. All I would suggest is to have a couple of silks ready with different stops on hand, and bounce boards. This can help match the weather if you have a slightly brighter day, etc.