Green Screen with Kino Green Lamps

So I've been shooting green screen for a long time, but I normally light the screen and the talent with the same color temperature lamps for obvious reasons. The one time I've used the Kino Supergreen lamps I lit the foreground talent with tungsten which is what the Kino site seems to recommend. Good results all around.

My question is that on this particular project I'd like to use the Kino Green lamps on the screen as usual but light the talent with daylight fixtures. Has anyone done this? Is the green spike in the Kino Green lamps wide-spectrum enough to read as green when the camera is white balanced either way?

• Premium Member
So I've been shooting green screen for a long time, but I normally light the screen and the talent with the same color temperature lamps for obvious reasons. The one time I've used the Kino Supergreen lamps I lit the foreground talent with tungsten which is what the Kino site seems to recommend. Good results all around.

My question is that on this particular project I'd like to use the Kino Green lamps on the screen as usual but light the talent with daylight fixtures. Has anyone done this? Is the green spike in the Kino Green lamps wide-spectrum enough to read as green when the camera is white balanced either way?

Shouldn't matter too much.

I've used them with daylight FG / Daylight balnce (shooting RED) and they work so very very well.

jb