Evening Programs in NYC

I've just moved to New York and for the next 6 months I'm basically walking distance from the New York Film Academy and NYU. Of course I moved here for my day job, but one of my goals in being here is to delve further and expand my horizons as a filmmaker/cinematographer. My ultimate career goals are to direct, but of course to direct very visually, and along the way to work as a cinematographer. I've been making movies for close to four years now - my own short films, but I have also DP'd, edited, and acted as a colorist on other people's projects. I've done mostly digital video, but some S8 and S16 film as well and I really love film even if I'm not entirely comfortable in the medium just yet.

In other words, I have a decent foundation but some of my fundamentals are more well-rooted than others. I don't want to go to "film school" as most people would think of it, but I am looking for a program that can fill in my blanks and provide me opportunities to expand and improve myself, maybe meet and work with some like-minded people, and possibly be some recognition of qualification (I know a reel and a resume mean more, but I also guess that something along the lines of "Certificate in Cinematography from NYU" stands out a little more than, say, "intro to broadcasting from xyz community college.")

So, I've seen that there's a short-term, intensive program at NYFA that looks interesting. I think it's six weeks but looks like a general filmmaking - not cinematography-centric - course. What attracts me to it, though, is that it looks like it focuses on film more than digital. Couple that with the fact that a broader education could benefit my long-term goals and the course seems attractive. I've also seen that NYU's SCPS program has a Certificate in Cinematography which requires either a short-term intensive course (during the day, so out of the question for me) or 5 evening courses. This speaks to my current focus, but info on their website suggests a less film-centered approach; and while I don't devalue digital cinematography, if you're starting me out with DVX100s and HVX200s (specifically mentioned, and a class of camera I've worked with long enough to dislike), this may not be the approach for me. On the other hand, there is an advanced cinematography class in the program and an art of cinematography class, so it could be good. I don't know what other programs there are or are worthwhile at other schools around, but I'm sure there are several that are good.

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what other programs there are, and as to what your experience or knowledge of the two listed programs are from a cinematography-centric point of view? I'd appreciate it.

Chris