very strange edge code latent image

I'm trying to identify a strange edge code I've found on four 100' loads filmed in 1967.

Since I can't seem to get the image upload to work here in this forum, the image can be seen at this URL:

http://www.bigfootforums.com/index.php?sho...c=29111&hl=

Taking a wild guess, could it be something Fuji Film imbeds as a latent image in any of their stock?

Thanks for any ideas.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The copy that was made with the edges of the images ("camera code") masked off may have been made on a "lab Stock" which is different - perhaps in the Kodachrome family. In particular Kodak's own labs sometimes had stocks which were very uncomon in other labs.

Kodak was also known for adding "processed by Kodak" when they processed some films, again much more common on Kodachrome. Your EKC symbol may have been an example of this?

Kodak was also known for adding "processed by Kodak" when they processed some films, again much more common on Kodachrome. Your EKC symbol may have been an example of this?

My investigations so far agree with Charles that this was imprinted by Kodak when processing Kodachrome.

Brian

I'm pretty sure that none of this has anything to do with proving or disproving Bigfoot, which is Bill's sole purpose. . .

To me it is an interesting query and I want to find the answer. I really don't understand your post ; it doesn't help or add to the discussion in any way.

Brian