Single Frame Capture

Chris Maness

I was thinking about rigging up a projector to do frame by frame capture. However, I am not sure if there are specific models that are better for this, or if there is a camera that can keep up with 18fps. I have seen some folks replace the lamp-house bulb with white LED's.

I could take the images and dump them into virtual dub or something like that.

Suggestions?

Regards,

Chris Maness

I was thinking about rigging up a projector to do frame by frame capture. However, I am not sure if there are specific models that are better for this, or if there is a camera that can keep up with 18fps. I have seen some folks replace the lamp-house bulb with white LED's.

I could take the images and dump them into virtual dub or something like that.

Suggestions?

Regards,

Chris Maness

I was playing around with Virtual Dub (don't want to abbreviate that one). Really cool program. It looks like it will be easy to convert a frame accurate telecine with this. I like the fact that I can do a batch in photoshop and convert from negative to black and white.

Now I just need to come up with a capture rig.

Chris

• Premium Member
I was playing around with Virtual Dub (don't want to abbreviate that one). Really cool program. It looks like it will be easy to convert a frame accurate telecine with this. I like the fact that I can do a batch in photoshop and convert from negative to black and white.

Now I just need to come up with a capture rig.

Chris

Hi Chris, http://homepage.mac.com/onsuper8/ has a good DIY telecine section.

• Premium Member
I found that yesterday. That is how I wound up at Freddy's site. He has the most excellent capture I have ever seen. Beautiful marriage between old and new technology.

Chris

In my opinion, the best shots to evaluate the quality of transfer in super-8mm are back light, wide shots. Second best shots to evaluate the quality of the transfer in super-8mm are either front lit or top light wide shots.