SR3, Waterpark, and Humidity

Evan Andrew John Prosofsky

• Premium Member
Hi all,

Will be shooting S16 in a relatively humid environment, the west edmonton world waterpark, next friday. Just curious if there is anything special I need to know about working with film in humid environments.

Thanks!

Evan

I've found SR3's and in particular the HS SR3's to be prone to being a little unreliable in precipitation. Many years ago I was on a 9 camera shoot in the rain at the Melbourne Cup. They all got a little wet. Only one of the 9 cameras stopped working and it was the Arri SR3 HS.

If it's humid there can be issues with acclimatising the lenses and the viewfinder too. I gather it's an indoor water park ? If that's the case you may want to take everything inside some hours before the actual shoot to give the gear a chance to acclimatise to the humidity or you'll have issues with fogging. The longer it's int hat environment, the better. Open all your cases and try to prop the lenses up. (supervised) Make sure you've got a heated viewfinder cable too, but I've never found them that great on the Arri's either.

jb