Super 8mm Filmstock advice and some other questions

Lambis

Finaly i got my Beaulieu 4008 MKII and i plan to shoot my first test. I will shoot on the beach , sunny day afternoon and most i like to come as close as possible to a polaroid feeling that i shoot img010.jpg

Off cource i could do post processing but i like to have a original as its get. So any suggestion of Film And or Filters are welcome.

A other question or better a advice is where i found some info how i use my beautieu. I am a still photographer where there i am totaly in control of Fstops but on filmcaeras as my beaulieu i have a frame rate & a shutter opening angle that is, i think <180 degrees

I need just to know more how those 2 terms work together and especially with the filmstock i need to use.

Last question is where i can get filter or filter adapters for the beaulieu (Poolfilters & ND's)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's not all that different from photography. I did photojournalism before I got into filmmaking. Most of the stuff, as far as F-Stops and ISO, are the same or similar. The only thing you can't control is shutter speed.

If you are filming on the beach, an ND filter is deffinitely reccomended. A gray card will also help you with lighting, or just any shirt or towel that is about 85% gray. And bounce boards could assist you, as well. You could even color them for a desired effect (just take a red or green or whatever sheet and staple it over a large piece of sturdy cardboard and you are done).

Hope that helps.