24p and 21:9 cinema frame

olahmarkusfilms

Hi everyone. I have 2 problems when its about editing. First ...when shooting in 24p in editing and after exporting the video the footage looks more like a stop motion footage than film. I thought its my camera since i used a cheap one...a simple handy cam. Canon HF-S10. I know...shame ...but i was on a very low budget. Then i tried another one . JVC100U and had the same problem...what should i do to have a little of motion blur so it doesn't look that robotic if you know what i mean..? Then second...about 21:9 cinema framing. So...i have 1920:1080 footage right..? But i want a 21:9 cinema framing...without ading bars and stuff like that....its ok if i use a custom resolution in editing..? Something like...1920:740...? Except the croping witch i know about it and i'm shooting that way to fit what i want in those proportions...there anything that could be wrong if i edit this way..? Thank you so much for you're help.

• Premium Member

A. Reduce the shutter of your camera to 1/48. Could be the S10 is a camera without changing any parameters (i dunno), so you might be stuck with this model.

B. In your case you can only crop the top and bottom for a "scope" aspect ratio after your editing using i.e. the free MPEG Streamclip or a similar software.

Regards Oliver

A. Reduce the shutter of your camera to 1/48. Could be the S10 is a camera without changing any parameters (i dunno), so you might be stuck with this model.

B. In your case you can only crop the top and bottom for a "scope" aspect ratio after your editing using i.e. the free MPEG Streamclip or a similar software.

Regards Oliver

Thank you so much Oliver. I can change the setings of the cam so i will go and do some tests right now...:) I will write you back as soon as i see the results. Hope everything will work...about cropig...i'm editing in Premiere...so if i start on custom resolution...witch i have 1920/740 its a 21.9 frame and when i add the clip on the time line the software its croping the image automaticly...when exporting i'm doing it in a 21.9 frame and everything works perfect. I was just curious if its affecting the image quality or something like that..:) Thank you so much for you're help. I'm going to have some fun now with the setings. Have a great...day or night ) All the best to you.