Light Weight Sled for sale

Guest Steadicam Forum

Guest Steadicam Forum

Light Weight Sled for sale:

This sled is perfect for anyone who owns a Flyer and wants to upgrade the sled overnight or anyone who owns a PRO and wants a super light weight sled to augment their package.

Custom sled with:

- 3a Top Stage (includes one camera plate)

- 3a Gimbal (one of the cleanest and smoothest IÂ’ve ever seen)

- GPI PRO Wrap Grip

- 1.5” telescoping post with two docking rings

- Tiffen Flyer monitor (Color LCD)

- Custom battery spar. Fly one or two Anton Bauer batteries (not included)

for 12 Volt or 24 Volt operation.

- Custom upper & lower junction boxes with GPI PRO compatible connectors.

(All the electronics were done by Terry West.)

- Docking Bracket

This sled was started by a friend of mine who no longer works as a Steadicam Operator so I took the project over and re-did the electronics from scratch since I fly a PRO and wanted to use industry standard connectors. The sled flies very well and I mostly used it with a Flyer arm (sorry, I’m keeping this) and occasionally my PRO arm since this sled can certainly handle as much weight as you can balance on it (the advantage of the 3a top stage, gimbal and 1.5” post). The only reason I’m getting rid of it is that I ended up with a PRO lite base and because of recent HD upgrades, I have enough pieces to assemble an entire PRO lite so this sled became a bit redundant.

Please note: This sale only includes the sled components listed above. Arm and vest are NOT included. Batteries, chargers, case, and cables are also NOT included.

The 3a gimbal takes a 5/8” arm post. The sled works VERY well with a Flyer arm, but you will need to adapt your arm post (very easy to do). If you have another arm, make sure it can be tuned to handle so little weight.

For photos, please click here:

http://gallery.me.com/floatingcamera#100031

Price: $4,900.

View or reply to the original post at SteadicamForum.com