Blackmagic H.264 Pro Recorder

Daniel Smith

Hi,

This little box looks great, 3G/HD/SDI, analogue and HDMI into H.264 via USB. Only question is, what data rate will it go in as? I know USB can theoretically handle 480Mbps, but the box is compressing it down to a specific data rate, which is definitely not 480Mbps.

I've looked through product specifications and for manuals but couldn't find anything.

Has anyone got experience with this box?

Cheers,

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Ashley-Smith

If you are talking about the neat little box I think you are, then I should point out that it runs on the new usb 3.0 standard and thus can go faster than 480Mbps.

Hope that helps! :)

love

Freya

Hey Freya,

I'm talking about this one here; http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/h264prorecorder/

According to the specifications it uses USB 2.0, unless there's another box I'm missing?

I don't expect it will be any higher than 185Mbps (which is more than ample), but as a portable solution it's pretty neat for its price.

Hey Freya,

I'm talking about this one here; http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/h264prorecorder/

According to the specifications it uses USB 2.0, unless there's another box I'm missing?

I don't expect it will be any higher than 185Mbps (which is more than ample), but as a portable solution it's pretty neat for its price.

How strange I must be confusing it with the Intensity shuttle?

Unless they changed the specs since release, but you are quite right usb 2.0

love

Freya