Super Baltars in the UK?

Hi all,

I've always liked the look of Super Baltar lenses and I may be shooting a short that they would be perfect for in the next month. They seem

to be pretty rare though, especially here in the UK but I was wondering if anyone knew where I could look? I noticed that one short called

'Drop' made in 2008, shot by Tom Debenham used them (I think) so figure there must be some around. They'd need to be PL mount too to fit

onto an adapted RED. I feel the chances are slim but worth a try! Thanks in advance.

James Blann

• Premium Member

Hi all,

I've always liked the look of Super Baltar lenses and I may be shooting a short that they would be perfect for in the next month. They seem

to be pretty rare though, especially here in the UK but I was wondering if anyone knew where I could look? I noticed that one short called

'Drop' made in 2008, shot by Tom Debenham used them (I think) so figure there must be some around. They'd need to be PL mount too to fit

onto an adapted RED. I feel the chances are slim but worth a try! Thanks in advance.

James Blann

There are only a very few PL mounted sets in world. Duclos lenses in the US has some for rental.

• Premium Member

Have you thought about getting a BNC mount for the RED? I know someone has made them. You might check with Doug Underdahl at Long Valley Equipment, he sells and rents RED lens mounts. I would think you could find some Super Baltars in BNC or BNCR mount locally? Though Paul Duclos Lenses is all the way out in Los Angeles, an advantage in renting from him would be that you know the lenses are serviced, accurate and really ready to go out and work-- especially since he is primarily a lens technician.

• 3 months later...