"Naked Bones" music video

Hello everyone. My brother and I have just finished up our 3rd ever music video, our second time using the HVX200.

The video was for a friend, who wanted something simple to use for online promotion. We had 1 HVX200, a handful of lights, a DIY timecode slate, 4 crew and some disused police cells in Bristol for one day. My brother and I co-direct our videos, but on this shoot, I acted mainly as DP, while my brother did most of the directing. We also had an AD/Clapper, and a playback operator. This isn't a day job for any of us, although we work in related fields, and this was the first time we had rented a location and lit it from scratch.

As the location was run by volunteers we couldn't get in until just before lunchtime, so were pushed for time to get what we wanted. Lots of ideas got canned because of time, we wished to shoot more of the venue itself for instance, but nonetheless we're still pleased with what we got. You can see the video here

Some production photos:

4750385179_b6994dd6c6.jpg

4750385571_decb5605f9.jpg

4750384371_80c2113dae.jpg

4750385391_78223d441b.jpg

4584026360_70daf56013.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Given that the lyric is quite slow, did you think about shooting it overcranked with the music run at double speed, or whatever?

Being as an HVX will do that?

P

Hi Phil,

We actually did do that quite a lot, a lot of the big close ups are 50fps, and the wide shots in the bathroom with the window.

Simon