MK-V V2 4 stage Nexus Sled for Sale

Guest Steadicam Forum

Guest Steadicam Forum

Hi All,

I'm reluctantly selling my pride and joy, I'm getting more DOP work and Steadicam is featuring less and less in my diary. I'm downgrading and moving over to a lovely old Master Series so I can still do the odd job.

So first up for sale is my sled, it's is very good, used condition. I've owned it for 4 years, dry hired it maybe 10-12 times in that period. It went through a full service at MK-V about 4 months ago (and it's been used maybe 3 times since then!), had the gimbal serviced, a new post cable put in, kip locks replaced, video DA put into the monitor and the excellent inverted base added. The flexability of this kit is amazing. With the inverted base you can keep the rig incredibly short if you want, or if your client suddenly wants a ground scraping low mode shot, give youself 10 mintues and you can get that too! The 2" 4 stage post feel solid even when fully extended and the carbon fibre really keeps the weight down. Bring the monitor in on it's mount and the batteries in and you have a superfast whip-pan-able sled, pull them both out and you've got a high intertia, wind resistant, rock solid sled. Cosmetically there are a few little scratches on the sled, as to be expected, but none of them impair the operation by any means!

The monitor is an IMP Hummingbird, SD only but an excellent monitor. Still one of the best daylight viewable LCD's out there, I've never wanted for anything more. The upgraded D/A means you can attach video tx or whatever you need without loosing signal. There are a number of small scratchs on the front of the screen; once the monitor is powered up you can't see these at all. One of the few bits of actual damage to the kit is the tally lights on the top of the screen; had a slight monitor vs talent accident which knocked a couple of them into the casing. I've never used the tally lights so I don't know if they still work and I have no way of testing it I'm afraid; for studio work I generally attach a second TX monitor anyways.

The kit comes with 9 PAG L95 batteries, 1 4x channel charger and 1x2 channel charger. 6 of the 9 batteries have flashing circles; PAG don't seem to know why! They all give very good runtimes and none appear to need a recell. Although most of them are 4 years old they've only been used 5-6 times a month so I expect them to do well for another couple of years at least. They all hit 16/17v on the charger so all the cells are in working order. The batteries come in a custom cut Pelican case.

There are a couple of minor issues which affect all Nexus sleds; I've never had a massive problem with them and I don't want to open up the usual slagging match on here so please email me for more information. Over the years the kit has done me amazingly well and I'll be sad to see it go; this is a great chance to purchase and excellent sled, one which is AR ready, at a great price.

Please email rather than message me... My email is benedictspence@me.com or call on +44 7814021050.

PRICE £17,000UKP PLUS SHIPPING, plus 17.5% VAT in the UK

Pictures here: http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/benedictspence/Nexus%20Sled%20Photos/

Full Kit list as follows

MK-V Nexus Sled

2" 4 Stage Post

V2 Gimbal

Chrosziel Topstage

V2 J-Box

V2 D-Box

3x Pag Battery base

Inverted base

IMP Hummingbird with D/A

MK-V Hard, Padded Case

Accessories

MK-V Docking Bracket

Sony Low mode bracket

Preston Power Cable

Monitor Cable

3x 12/14v 4pin XLR cables

Panavision XL Power Cable

Moviecam 24v Power Cable

Arri 24v Power Cable

Panavision 24v Power Cable

Video assist power/video

2x Long dovetail plates

3x Thin BNC Cables

Accessory pouch

Home made rain jacket for lower sled, monitor.

Heavy Duty Stand (if required)

Battery Kit

Pelican 1600 with custom foam

9x Pag L95 Batteries

Pag AR124 4 position Charger

Pag Freelancer 2 position Charger

Pag Lok-On 20 Nicad (needs recelling; I use it for extra weight if required)

Pag clip to 4pin XLR power adaptor

Pag to V-Lock adaptor plate <h4></h4>

• post-1086-12780708685866_thumb.jpg

View or reply to the original post at SteadicamForum.com