Looking for an AC for short film next week in L.A.

Hey everybody,

I posted this in the "jobs" forums, but I figure more ACs probably read *this* forum. So here goes:

I'm shooting a short film next week in Los Angeles called "Time and Love." It's about a 30 year old guy who tries to look up the girl he was in love with in 6th grade. Most of it is 16mm B&W, except some flashbacks to childhood, which are a 16mm/Super-8 combo of color.

We're shooting on a Canon Scoopic MS, and also some Super-8 (Leicina Special). So the cameras are pretty simple. But nevertheless, I would love an experienced AC to mind the cameras. Load, unload, check the gate, measure focus, etc. And more importantly, someone to serve as a second set of eyes/brains while I'm shooting, so I don't do anything *really* stupid.

This is a very low budget affair -- I'm funding this myself -- so there is not a lot of money here, but I could pay $300 (cash!) for an 8-hour day.

This is the only position being paid, as I know how valuable (crucial) a good AC is, and so I'm very grateful for anybody who's up for it, especially since this is less than normal market rate.

The days are next Wed/Thur (July 21-22), and we're shooting in Studio City, CA.

If you are interested, please contact me ASAP. Or if you know anybody who may be interested, please have them contact me as well.

Thanks!

Bo

Zoner13@aol.com

p.s. I made a short film a few years ago that you can view:

http://www.imdb.com/...b/vi3057582873/

This is in a somewhat similar "spirit" to that -- but the subject matter is much different.

Thanks again!