For Sale: Arri 4k HMI Par Sales Demo - Great Price, Mint Condition

Guy Holt

Hey Everyone,

I still have some gear that I am selling to make way for new stuff. I have listed on ebay a practically new sales demo Arri 4k Par Head with Flicker Free Electronic Ballast. This is a rare opportunity. Once this sells, you will not find a complete Arri 4k Par System for under $9000.00 again. If you want added security, you can partake in the ebay auction. But, as you can see from the screen grab of the auction, I have 100% positive feed back on my auctions, so feel free to contact me to buy this item directly. You can buy it direct at any time for the ebay opening bid amount as long as it does not have a bid. Use the link below the screen grab to connect to the auction site. If the auction pictured below has expired, be sure to search for the item on ebay because it will be relisted if it did not sell.

This Arri 4k Par is an especially good value because it was a sales demo and has only 4hrs on the head. It can serve as the backbone of a powerful HD lighting package when used in conjunction with our 7500W modified Honda EU6500is blimped generator. As long as there is a sun and moon in the sky there is the need for a large HMI like this Arri 4k Par on interior and exterior sets because smaller HMIs, Kino-Flos, & LED panels don’t come close to balancing direct sunlight in day light scenes or covering deep background in night scenes. For powerful daylight fill on exterior sets, to create the feel of hard sunlight on interior sets, or to light deep background on night exterior sets, a dual wattage HMI Par like this Arri 4k Par is invaluable because it will operate off our modified Honda EU6500is (pictured below) or off of regular wall outlets (also pictured below.)

Unlike the old Lightmaker Ballasts you typically find on ebay, the ballast of this light operates at either 120V or 220/240V. The 120V feature of this ballast will allow you to operate a 2500W or 4000W, along with additional lights, off of common household outlets with our 60A Full Power Transformer/Distro. These newer ballasts make this head the brightest light that you can safely plug into wall outlets without the need for a tie-in or generator. It is a great light for low budget HD feature production for this reason. Use this link - http://www.screenlightandgrip.com/html/HDPP_Transformer.html - for more detailed information on operating 4ks on wall outlets. Please call 781-326-5088, Ext 5# with questions on how this works. If you miss us, call back. We will not return long distance calls. Or, send an email outside of the ebay messaging system to rentals@screenlightandgrip.com and I can send you a detailed explanation of how this works by email.

Transformer-Distro_Sam3.jpg

4k & 1.2ks HMI Pars powered from 30A/240V dryer outlet through step-down transformer/distro for Bose product demonstration video.

The Par configuration of this light not only gives you more output, but it is also extremely versatile. When you need a lot of light for fill on day exteriors you can lamp it with a 4k globe. To cut a hard window pattern, swap the standard spreader lenses for a Frosted Fresnel. When you don’t need the punch of a 4k Par, like on a night exterior, you can swap the 4kw globe for a 2.5kw globe giving you more power to run additional lights on a small portable generator. The 23 Amps you save by burning the smaller 2500W globe will power quite a few more lights when you consider that a Kino Flo Parabeam 400 uses only 2 Amps. Given the light sensitivity of HD Cameras, a package consisting of a 2.5kw Par and up to ten Parabeam 400s is just about all the light you need to light a night exterior.

Transformer-Distro_Sam2.jpg

4k & 1.2ks HMI Pars powered from 30A/240V dryer outlet through step-down transformer/distro for Bose still shoot.

When you compare to what a new system costs (lists for $20'680.00, sells for $15'633.88 at B&H Photo) you can see what a deal this is at such a low opening bid. At this price this light is sure to sell at this auction - so don't snipe. Bid early and lock in your price before some one else does. Bid with confidence. With over 100 transactions (15 of them over $2000.00) I have 100% positive feedback. This item is offered with a 7 day money back guarantee.

I am also selling a Sales Demo Desisti 4K HMI Par w/ Flicker Free Electronic Ballast (use link to auction below.) This light offers many of the same advantages of the Arri 4k Par, but without the Arri name.

Financing is available on items over $5000.00. I accept Cashiers Checks, Money Orders, and Wire Transfers. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email at rentals@screenlightandgrip.com or call 781-326-5088, Ext 5#. All Prices are in USD and do not include shipping. You are also welcome to pick items up personally in Boston, but you will then be subject to the 6.25% Massachusetts Sales Tax.

- Guy Holt, Gaffer, ScreenLight & Grip, Boston, MA