STEADICAM complete package ready to work

Guest Steadicam Forum

Guest Steadicam Forum

EFP HD READY PACKAGE INFO:

The package is good because it includes everything you need to start operating. The things that you might need that are not included are:

*follow focus system,

*wireless video transmitter and receivers,

*some camera power cables, you can have them made with the schematics I provide or you can purchase from Tiffen in L.A.

The sled is 12/24 volt capable, uses the same camera power connector as Tiffen so you can just buy their camera cables when needed or have them made by an independent with the schematics I include. It is all new materials except the 3A gimbal which I have tested and rebuilt with new bearings. It has a dual battery mount for IDX batteries but I have an Anton Bauer version if you'd prefer that. Includes four IDX E10 batteries and a dual charger. Includes anvil style cases that everything fits in except the stand.

INCLUDED IN PACKAGE FOR $20,000:

mathews c-stand

2x sanbags

Allen wrenches

screwdriver

2 sets of mounting screws

short BNC cable

2x very short BNC cables for downconverter

Red Byte Downconverter with sled power cable

7" LCD NTSC/PAL monitor

LCD power/video cable

wrap grip

docking bracket

camera dovetail plate

upper and lower junction boxes

posts are carbon fiber with Kipp handle for extending

4x IDX E-10 batteries and dual charger

RED power cable

12Volt XLR power cable

Anvil sled case with custom cut foam

Anvil vest case

New vest kinda like a cross between an EFP vest and a Master Series vest with steel socket block.

NEW Luna arm with cloth bag(total weight range:15-70 pounds) comes straight from Robert Luna(NEW).

New and included in the package is a battery mount adapter to allow for mounting the battery module horizontally instead of just straight up or down.

Here is a picture of a Luna arm, if you are not familiar with them, they are made by Robert Luna who used to work for Cinema Products( the original Steadicam manufacturer), they closed their doors in 2000. I worked for them 1 year and an internship before that in 1997 through 1999. Robert knows more about arms than anyone and when he lost his job he decided to manufacture the 3A/EFP arm but added upgrades where he always thought they should be and also used his own version of the springs that allow you to have a weight range of 15-70 pounds. All the old used efp and 3a arms have 5 different springs that are not easily changed by the consumer so whatever spring you buy with an old arm you are stuck with. You can change springs but I would never attempt it myself. His arm sells for $10,000 complete. I included it in my packages and I purchase from Robert with each sale of my package so that it is direct to you. The only arm that can do the same weight range are the Silver Spring arm by Steadyrig in Australia that sells for I think $13,000 which have refurbished parts, and the Tiffen Steadicams g-70 arm that sells for I think $17,000.

I do have one rig ready to go so I would just have to check with Robert Luna when he will have a Luna arm ready. If he does not have one in stock it is usually only a week or two until he builds his next batch.

If this is your first rig or you are just concerned about keeping costs low I would consider this package. Buying a used EFP that needs things fixed here or there, rewired for 24 volt, replacing the gimbal for a heavier one, having to rent an arm for very light cameras or very heavy ones can end up costing more than what I'm selling my packages for.

My current package is $20,000 plus shipping, it had been selling for $25,000 last year but with this economy I decided to delete some of the camera cables as many customers opted not to get them anyway. Most customers tell me they are only needing 2 cables anyway, the RED cable and the general 12 volt XLR cable typical of the Betacam which I still include.

The package does come with an operating and balancing workshop manual and I have taught small groups and one on one classes. If you are picking up or live locally I will include a half day crash course class for up to 2 people.

Steadicam is ready to go and is located in Indianapolis, Indiana until September 29th and then will be back in the L.A. area.

I will only accept cash in person if picking up or a bank wire transfer if shipping. Will ship worldwide.

Please call me with any questions. cell 818-795-4433 / email: steadiapolis@hotmail.com

Thanks

Kyle <h4></h4>

• post-2247-12807713072699_thumb.jpg
  • post-2247-1280771343893_thumb.jpg

View or reply to the original post at SteadicamForum.com