Stock Latitude AND Sunlight

I just recently shot my 16mm Color exercise for summer class at school. The stock was the new 250 DAYlight (Believe the number is 7207) and all scenes took place outside. I did some underexpose in my scenes that were backlit by the sun. If I remember I let my shadow side of the face go two stops under in the wider shots and my background/sunlight was 1 stops over. When I punched in, used some bounce and let the face go one stop under since I was closer.

My main concern is did I go too dark with 2 stops? I am pretty confident I have enough latitude to be fine plus I overexposed the stock by 1/3 of a stop so it really was 1 2/3 under on the negative. Also, the close ups that were 1 stop under will they match with the wider shots that prob. will be a little darker (2 stops under)? I assume I can easily can fix that in color correction by bringing it down a little bit to match.

My main concern is did I go too dark with 2 stops?

With modern colour negative stocks, you should be fine, 2 stops is well inside the limits. You may, at the most, need to tweak it a bit when your scanning it, but the information is definitely on the negative.

Fred

Why shoot film if you are not going to take advantage of the enormous exposure latitude, you know? You can underexpose the 7207 right down to 3 stops and still see the entire spectrum. What are you doing with it in post? This is important, but yes it supports enough light to keep the beautiful tones and information on the negative.