Theatre Prices

I find it hard to believe some of the discrepancies in pricing for the theatres around me. It seems as if there is no correlation between ticket price and quality. I've seen a 50c matinee at a discount theatre that was beautifully projected and a great all-around show, and then I've seen a movie for $7.50 that was absolute poop with scratches, half the frame out of focus or burned and a small screen (but those Kirstie digital projectors sure made it worth it :ph34r: ). What's the cheapest movie any of you have ever seen. What's the most expensive? What was the best quality show you've seen/ the worst?

Well, considering what it costs and what people go through to make a movie $7.50 is actually the steal of a lifetime. However, that is negated somewhat when you run into scratched up dirty prints. So I say the best quality vs. cost movie I have seen is the one that screens at one of the newer cineplexes on the first few nights of release.

The cheapest films (besides free industry things) are the ones I went to with my student ID. For a few years I never paid more that $4.

BTW, for that past few months I've been going over to this new (to this area) independent theater that's close to my house. It's called Star Theater or something I think it's part of a small chain. It only has 7 screens and I talked to the Manager/head projectionist and he actually new his stuff! :o So far I haven't seen any problems and the prices are always $5.50 for Adults. Only drawback is the main screen while large isn't as big as those megatron cine chains.