Elmo HiVision SC-18 2 Track sound projector

Alvin Breathwaite

Hello Alvin Breathwaite, As long as it's only the indicator light and not the meter itself, you can still use the projector okay. The light being out will just be an annoyance matter. it could be the lamp itself, or perhaps a fuse. These projectors have 3 fuses inside, and I don't remember if the lamp itself is fused separately. You could double check the wiring harness to the lamp bulb itself, and even put an electrical meter on it to check for continuity; putting to rest if the bulb is out or not. Just make sure the unit is completely unplugged from the main power supply of course! --- Yes, these are good machines and every bit as well made as the ELMO ST-180 and ST-600 series projectors. The filmpath is compressed a bit more in design to allow the use of the front surface mirror and builtin rear projection screen, but all other functions are identical. --- Lastly, if after checking and the bulb is still okay, but not finding a fuse or wiring harness trouble.....you could always hard wire it in somewhere in the system so that it comes on when power is plugged in as it's supposed to. If you're not savvy enough with this type of work, I suggest asking someone in your circle of friends that might be. Good luck and best regards, Martin Baumgarten in Plattsburgh, New York USA

Hello Alvin Breathwaite, As long as it's only the indicator light and not the meter itself, you can still use the projector okay. The light being out will just be an annoyance matter. it could be the lamp itself, or perhaps a fuse. These projectors have 3 fuses inside, and I don't remember if the lamp itself is fused separately. You could double check the wiring harness to the lamp bulb itself, and even put an electrical meter on it to check for continuity; putting to rest if the bulb is out or not. Just make sure the unit is completely unplugged from the main power supply of course! --- Yes, these are good machines and every bit as well made as the ELMO ST-180 and ST-600 series projectors. The filmpath is compressed a bit more in design to allow the use of the front surface mirror and builtin rear projection screen, but all other functions are identical. --- Lastly, if after checking and the bulb is still okay, but not finding a fuse or wiring harness trouble.....you could always hard wire it in somewhere in the system so that it comes on when power is plugged in as it's supposed to. If you're not savvy enough with this type of work, I suggest asking someone in your circle of friends that might be. Good luck and best regards, Martin Baumgarten in Plattsburgh, New York USA

It has no effects on the operation of the machine and as you say it is simple annoyance matter. But I'm getting used to it because I watch movies on the little screen and it is no more a distration from wathing . You just look at the only thing lite the screen. I just wanted to know if it would effect the projector. I only use the Elmo to sometimes watch my nice collection of super* movies. It is my Hobby to colect, I have 3 reels of 1930's King Kong B/w sound ,Ten Commandments, Ray Harryhausen films, Superman Cartoons from the 40's, etc. Just to name a few in my collection. Anyway this is the 3rd Elmo HiVision SC-18 2 Track sound projector Ive owned in my life I love them. It could be the bulb or diode led, or fuse as you say, or wirering. But if it has no effect on the movie watching I guess I could live with it. I get a ignition sound when I plug it in anyway to know it is working. These projectors last a long time I mean the motors and sound systems. The only trouble I ever had after years of use before VHS ,DVD,or Blu-ray was after I was using my Elmo SC-18 was that the control switch seem to get striped from turning it on and switching to forward and rewind allot. The rewind stop working and I had to turn the reels around to rewind using forward. Anyway I lived with it till I sold the projector. I just bought a refurbished model in mint condition except for my trouble with the diode. It could be the fuse or bulb after playing a much of films it just blew out when I went to plug it in one day. You seem to know allot about elmo projectors . Can you tell me more about the one I have.