Cases for Konvas 2M

Kevin Masuda

• Premium Member

Anyone have any suggestions for a carrying case for my Konvas 2M?

Pelican cases seem to be the way to go these days. Durable, cheap and relatively light weight. I still use the original Russian case for mine. While durable, it is heavy and not ergonomic to use (surprise!).

I have also collected a bunch of old Zero Halliburton aluminum cases from ebay over the years. They can be had for very reasonable prices, but they all need to be refoamed.

I also saw a clever arrangement that a Kinor 35 owner had put together. To minimize disassembly when moving the camera relatively short distances, he made a case out of a smaller nylon duffel bag, thin pressboard and a couple of densities of foam. The pressboard added rigidity, then he built the foam to accommodate the camera, mattebox/ff, one prime lens and a 500ft mag and a battery. He could then safely move the assembled camera without tearing it down.

Anyone have any suggestions for a carrying case for my Konvas 2M?

Konvas-2M with 50 mm spherical lens, 17EP-16 APK motor and 60 m film magazine have size :

length=280 mm, width 220 mm, height 250 mm.

with 120 m film magazine :

length=350 mm, width 220 mm, height 320 mm.

The battery must be kept separately from camera, because, any pestiferous exhalations can destroy of parts of camera and lens.

Yes, The original wood case do not comfortable.

As for me, the good choose of original aluminum cases from Kinor-35H camera.

The case for battery for body of camera.

The case for lenses for set of prime lenses.

The good choose for camera - any cases with upper lid.

The view of case can be like " aluminium box"

http://junyecase.en.made-in-china.com/product/VqsEdXmJgfph/China-Aluminum-Carrying-Case.html

• Premium Member

As for me, the good choose of original aluminum cases from Kinor-35H camera.

Excellent point, Olex. I have repurposed a number of Kinor 35H aluminum cases. They are very strong and durable, and are much lighter than a Pelican or similar case. They are sometimes sold on ebay, but shipping out of Russia to the west can exceed the value of the case, unfortunately.

Thank you for the clarification on the battery storage. The use I was speaking of was only for a few hours during a shooting day, it was in one of the exterior pockets of the bag.

A stack of Kinor 35H cases:

post-13340-12831091473059.jpg

.....A stack of Kinor 35H cases:

Thank Bruce for picture.

The upper case - case for battery, and battery devoices- can be good for Konvas camera.

Second case ( from top ) case for Kinor-35H camera, have bigger can be use for Konvas camera too.

Two next cases - canbe use for prime, zoom lenses.

I have one of the original cases for the M1 & M2. I bought it a couple of years ago for my KSR-1. I have ti modify it slightly when I get a chance because the KSR has a stright tube viewfinder and with the de-anamorphic viewfinder it's even longer. This is what it looks like, maybe you could build one:

DSC_2726.jpg

DSC_2731.jpg

DSC_2727.jpg

DSC_2730.jpg

DSC_2729.jpg

DSC_2728.jpg